UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Forum Meeting In UK

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop it you guys! I'm starting to get really jealous now!

At least you're in the same country at the meet-up! But, I shall be thinking of you all during your running-around, knees-bent behavior!

Stop it you guys! I'm starting to get really jealous now!

At least you're in the same country at the meet-up! But, I shall be thinking of you all during your running-around, knees-bent behavior!

I'm within about twenty miles of the meet up!

But unfortunately I can't go due to the wife celebrating her birthday on the same week end.

So close but yet so far! When all the guys will be getting drunk and discussing all things Roman, I'll be getting dragged around the shops!

Hey Augusta... I may just hold you to that!!! Now what could I drink? A cheap wine? Nah!! A cider? Nah!!! A few lagers? Maybe!! A whisky or twelve? Now you're talking!! Oh alright then... a lager or two!

Gaius!! Couldn't you just slip away from the shops for a couple of hours? Your wife will be too busy looking at all the goodies on offer so she won't notice your subtle slip through the crowds. We'll get a jet to bring you over!! You'll have to make your own way back though coz it's an expensive game all this jet stuff!!

Hey Augusta... I may just hold you to that!!! Now what could I drink? A cheap wine? Nah!! A cider? Nah!!! A few lagers? Maybe!! A whisky or twelve? Now you're talking!! Oh alright then... a lager or two!

Gaius!! Couldn't you just slip away from the shops for a couple of hours? Your wife will be too busy looking at all the goodies on offer so she won't notice your subtle slip through the crowds. We'll get a jet to bring you over!! You'll have to make your own way back though coz it's an expensive game all this jet stuff!!

Hey, husband - whisky is fine! I have ear-marked some money for this weekend, so I won't stint anyone. And after all, I am the Augusta! Plus, I'm one of those lasses who believes in paying her way.

As for our Gaius Paulinus - before we castigate his missus too much, let us all remember that she took him away to Rome for his 30th. She sounds like an OK gal to me - so we can allow her a little soiree at the shops! Just don't spend too much of his money, Mrs. Gaius!

I am really looking forward to this weekend myself. It should be great fun and informative into the bargain. And bear in mind, I am forgoing the FA Cup semi final versus Blackburn!

As for our Gaius Paulinus - before we castigate his missus too much, let us all remember that she took him away to Rome for his 30th. She sounds like an OK gal to me - so we can allow her a little soiree at the shops! Just don't spend too much of his money, Mrs. Gaius!

How very true Augusta, I couldn't have put it better myself.

Saturday will involve a day shopping in Leeds and spot of lunch followed by a night on the tiles with friends, and Sunday which is the day of her birthday will probably involve breakfast in bed and then Sunday lunch with the family.

I'm sure the meet will be a big success and hopefully there'll be more to come.......... Doesn't mean I'm still not jealous though! :)

Hey, husband - whisky is fine! I have ear-marked some money for this weekend, so I won't stint anyone. And after all, I am the Augusta! Plus, I'm one of those lasses who believes in paying her way.

I am really looking forward to this weekend myself. It should be great fun and informative into the bargain. And bear in mind, I am forgoing the FA Cup semi final versus Blackburn!

You sound like a very independant young lady. I will be deeply honoured to meet the Augusta!! I probably sounded a tad sexist when I said of Mrs Gaius that her hubby could sneak away from the shops!! Nothing intended though!. I'm sure they will have a great day and we will look forward to his/their company next time. Breakfast in bed... now that's a lovely thought!! Mind after a night on the tiles he'll be too knackered to get out of bed!!! :)

So have a great day Gaius and look after your missus...

Hey Augusta - does this mean you are a Chelsea fan? Never mind... someone has to do it!! I would like to see a couple of seasons with all teams having like for like players and we'll see who comes out on top then. Money wins trophies - well, that's the theory!! We have money but it gets spent poorly and we have a bare cabinet since '69... who are we? Newcastle United!! Great club, best fans in the country, most passion, some crap players and a chairman who used to be a scrap metal merchant!!! Well, still is but his 'passion' is touting his position as NUFC chairman!! He's a loony to most Geordies!!!! Who'll win the Cup? Man. Utd. And I hate saying that coz I don't like any of Arsenal, Man Utd or Chelsea. It's the whole thing about Arsenal from their boss down who is blind to anything he doesn't want to see even if it smacks him in the face!!. I don't Ferguson at man Utd - apart from that they're not too bad!!! Chelsea? Arrogant, big-headed and can only win things when backed by big money. Their boss? Self opinionated but confident.

Anyway... let's talk all things Roman in York and we'll think of you Gaius and have a pint for you no doubt.

Will we be praying to any Gods after a few jars? If so, which ones?

Edited by Augustus Caesar

You sound like a very independant young lady. I will be deeply honoured to meet the Augusta!! I probably sounded a tad sexist when I said of Mrs Gaius that her hubby could sneak away from the shops!! Nothing intended though!. I'm sure they will have a great day and we will look forward to his/their company next time. Breakfast in bed... now that's a lovely thought!! Mind after a night on the tiles he'll be too knackered to get out of bed!!! :)

So have a great day Gaius and look after your missus...

Hey Augusta - does this mean you are a Chelsea fan? Never mind... someone has to do it!! I would like to see a couple of seasons with all teams having like for like players and we'll see who comes out on top then. Money wins trophies - well, that's the theory!! We have money but it gets spent poorly and we have a bare cabinet since '69... who are we? Newcastle United!! Great club, best fans in the country, most passion, some crap players and a chairman who used to be a scrap metal merchant!!! Well, still is but his 'passion' is touting his position as NUFC chairman!! He's a loony to most Geordies!!!! Who'll win the Cup? Man. Utd. And I hate saying that coz I don't like any of Arsenal, Man Utd or Chelsea. It's the whole thing about Arsenal from their boss down who is blind to anything he doesn't want to see even if it smacks him in the face!!. I don't Ferguson at man Utd - apart from that they're not too bad!!! Chelsea? Arrogant, big-headed and can only win things when backed by big money. Their boss? Self opinionated but confident.

Anyway... let's talk all things Roman in York and we'll think of you Gaius and have a pint for you no doubt.

Will we be praying to any Gods after a few jars? If so, which ones?

Concerning this entire post I have two comments, Augustus! Firstly - you flatter me to call me a young lady. But that is not important. ;) As for the football chat - I look forward to a long talk with you.... As for NUFC - I have always had a soft spot - and how dare you say they have rubbish players when we sold you Scott Parker? :) All right - I know we're guilty of selling you Baba as well, but come on...

Hehe, I look forward to meeting you.... I really cannot let you get away with your comments about the second greatest love of my life - the Chels! I'll explain why when we meet.... It's been 38 years of love for me...

Are we all getting a little excited and happy about this meet? There should be plenty of opportunity for fun as well as serious Roman discussion. :)

Victory to Rovers! Down with the Southerners! (Present company excepted)

Hehe - I'll have you know that two seasons ago when we were knocked out of the Cup by Newcastle (that terrible Monty Pythonesque tie that ended with 9 Chels players on the field and 8 of them limping!) I was supporting the Toon wholeheartedly afterwards to lift the Cup.

And who are you calling a southerner? :) Look forward to meeting you, Neil. We should all have some fun at the weekend.

And on a more serious note - what time is everyone arriving - those who are gathering for the Friday night? I shall be checking into my little guest house at about 5.30pm.

Edited by The Augusta

Well, my wife and I arrive on the Friday at about 2.30pm at will get to the place of abode shortly afterward. If anyone wants to meet before that and before Pertinax arrives give me a PM with your mobile number and from around 3 or 4 we can have a natter and a cup of rosy lea!! I think Pertinax will arrive a bit later on (I think he said after 6pm- correct me if I am wrong P).

The meet on Saturday will no doubt be arranged on the Friday night and those arriving on Saturday will be told by mobile where to get to. Again I am assuming this so P will tell us if this is wrong.

Augusta... Yes we have some very good players but some dodgy ones too. Parker is a very decent guy and a very competent player. I would keep him. Baba? Not really. His heart isn't in it. We only like players here who really want to bust a gut every game they play. We also want players who bust a gut to GET a game. Our passion is second to none here and this is proven week in and week and out. Even when we were nobody at times our support for a squad full of dummies was unbelievable. Cheering them on to at least attempt to kick the darned ball!!!! Anyway, I waffle....

WotWotius... Glad you can make it now. This will only add to our hours of merriment and joy!!

NN... Am I correct in remebering you are a Leeds fan? If so, what's going on down there???? They used to be the country's top team under Revie et al...

NN... Am I correct in remebering you are a Leeds fan? If so, what's going on down there???? They used to be the country's top team under Revie et al...

Well, he kept that one quiet! At least Gaius Paulinus admits to his vices in public! :)

Yes - it's great news that Wot will be joining us - he'll be a great addition to our merry band and will probably keep us all in check.

BTW: Do we have a dress code? I assuming for trudging around on our journeys jeans and sensible footwear will be adequate? I was going to bring all my Armani and Gucci - but I've decided against it... :lol: