UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Rapture?

Favonius Cornelius

End Times  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What do you believe?

• I am a Born Again Christian and I believe that the Rapture is soon upon us.
    • I am a monotheist and I believe that the End Times are coming.
    • I am not religious but I do believe that world war 3 is a possibility.
    • These are dangerous times, but not the end.
    • There is a lot of hysteria about nothing at all in the world today.

It would be hypocritical if not for the fact that I constantly admit the possibility of my own incorrectness on this subject, (a stark contrast to those who have religious convictions), and my asking for other input on the matter from those who might be better versed in the area.

Be that as it may, I've read a number of chapters a few days ago in Revelations, and the ambiguity of the wording makes it IMO a rash statement to say much of anything is certain of it's meaning.

Well reading one chapter or even all of Revelations is not enough. For you to understand Revelations you must have read the entire scripture. If I read only the end of any book, I'm sure I won't understand the ending.

Also, keep in mind the bible is written for an audience that ranges from ancient times until today, it talks about the past, present and the future, so thats why there are a lot of metaphors and figure of speech in the book. I find it very simple, for example Satan is refered to as a snake, dragon, serpent on many occasions, obviously he doesn't look like a snake not if he's going to be the false Messiah and deceive people, but any person can understand the meaning and context behind those labels no matter which time they live in, whether 2,000 years ago or the 21st century.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks very much, I see now. If I understand it rightly, it was a term used by some odd 19th century Americans which got into popular evangelical books in the 1970s. My Christian days were over by then, and I'm not American, so no wonder I hadn't heard of it. The big question, according to the Wikipedia article, is whether Rapture happens pre-Tribulation or post-Tribulation (pre-Trib or post-Trib, as Rapture buffs like to put it).

I had heard of Tribulation, because that concept is used in a great science-fiction novel by John Wyndham, 'The Chrysalids'.

Well, I think Tribulation is pretty likely, but I doubt if many of us will make Rapture. I certainly won't.