UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Unrv Is Everywhere...

Gaius Octavius, using his normal allusions and metaphors recently signed an e-mail as 'Don Tomasso.'

Naturally I googled it to figure out what he was remotely speaking of.

I got: (You must scroll down a tad if you click the link)

Pyramid Found - In The Heart Of Bosnia! - Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Don Giovanni: (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) All are smoking your weeds. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Don Tomasso ...

www.unrv.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2381&st=90 - 91k - Cached - Similar pages

Isn't it nice to see UNRV represented because we all are "All are smoking your weeds." :)

I just thought that was so cool.

Edited by Antiochus of Seleucia

Google spiderbots and the like are often the culprit. My friends and I have a semi-private forum site, and guy who was in charge of 'running' the board had to install extra software, or something like that, just to keep the buggers off. It was kinda necessary there...as for this site, I guess the bots are needed.

Edited by docoflove1974

I googled 'Taccitus' the other day to find the most common spelling and the first result was a page by me (the page is down atm unfortunately), so I guess that spelling isn't too common, though I have seen it in print several times before.

AoS:

I'm world famous! How many of your acquaintance are so honoured? I am ecstatic!

Let me raise the shroud from your peekers - somewhat. "Don", if you have been paying attention recently, is a title - of 'respect' one might say.

In the case we are making reference to, it signifies membership in a secret Elect and Select society. This society, of which I am Tyrant, has a Senate. Who knows?, and if you are a good boy, write your own papers, mind your manners and eat your herbs, you may one day in the future be Selected.

:)

Edited by Gaius Octavius

I thought the :

"Smoky, almost tarry black fruit up front, with tobacco and green cardamom notes. Medium- to full-bodied, with fine, well-integrated tannins and a hint of lightly polished oak on the finish. Well-crafted and poised for a bit of aging in bottle. Best after 2005. 2,445 cases made."

reference was more fitting.

Cheers... :drunk:

That's be cause I have trained a certain part of my anatomy to ask Jeopardy! questions. :smartass:

:horse:

How clever of you! This certainly must have been a monu mental task for you. You have a schizoid anatomy! Congratulations! :suprise: I would wager that you can, and often do, provide a symphonic rendition of Dixie. It appears that the upper part of your corpus is providing the services usually provided by the lower part.

:furious:

And now our newest member is Don Giovanni, Gaius' second favorite name. Is this trickery?

Actually, there are two Don Giovannis, both of whom have graced and informed these precincts for some while.

And I know at least one of them is not up to something. I'd like to know who believes they have the testicular fortitude to utilize the name. :pokey:

I googled 'Taccitus' the other day to find the most common spelling and the first result was a page by me (the page is down atm unfortunately), so I guess that spelling isn't too common, though I have seen it in print several times before.

Might (at some time) have been pronounced: Tahk - key- tus rather than Tahk - eh - tus.

Edited by Gaius Octavius

And now our newest member is Don Giovanni, Gaius' second favorite name. Is this trickery?

Actually, there are two Don Giovannis, both of whom have graced and informed these precincts for some while.

And I know at least one of them is not up to something. I'd like to know who believes they have the testicular fortitude to utilize the name. :pokey:

An herbal ranger? :angry:

:angry: