UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Simon Scarrow

Parmenion

I read Under the Eagle, and I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT. I have the next two in the series but have not yet read them.

Book 7 has just been released called eagle in the sand which is the best eagle book to date.

But also (although not roman) he has released Young bloods the story of napoleon and wellington which is his best writing!

I have read all the Eagle books and just absolutely love them, Macro and Cato have had more lives than a cat!!

I think the books have got everything you want in a novel, action ,adventure, humour, sorrow etc etc

Can't wait for the next installment ;)

I have read all the Eagle books and just absolutely love them, Macro and Cato have had more lives than a cat!!

I think the books have got everything you want in a novel, action ,adventure, humour, sorrow etc etc

Can't wait for the next installment :)

well you might want to stop by and chat with them http://scarrow.forumco.com/default.asp they (simon and his author brother Alex) admin the site themsleves and take part in the discussions)

Its a bit more on the frivalous side compared to here, but its fun!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Pax Romana

Hi,

This is my first post on this site, so please be gentle with me. Have read a couple of the Eagle books, on my third one now (The Eagle and the Wolves) and have loved all of them. I like the way thar Scarrow has built up the characters of Cato and Macro and then intertwined them with known historical characters such as Vespasian. :pokey:

• 3 months later...

I know its a while since this thread went cold, but I have just finished reading all of Simon's Eagle novels, cover to cover, in the run - up to christmas. No superlative I can give can excel those already given. Excellent! One point I find intriguing - I can't help but think that perhaps Cato and Macro are actually an earlier incarnation of Hornblower and Bush. Anyone agree...?