UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

American Football Season

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be sure to look for me in the crowd if any of you are unfortunate enough to watch the traditional (and embarrassing) Lion's game this Thanksgiving day. I'll be the drunk guy with the cloud of shame over my head.

You know, it's bad enough that those of us in Detroit have been laden with such a pathetic excuse of a professional sport's team, but I'm also foolish enough to have been a season ticket holder for nigh on 15 years.

Why couldn't American football be truly more like true Roman entertainment... by now our 'Lions' would've certainly been fed to the real lions.

Be sure to look for me in the crowd if any of you are unfortunate enough to watch the traditional (and embarrassing) Lion's game this Thanksgiving day. I'll be the drunk guy with the cloud of shame over my head.

Will do! Your lucky tradition is on your city's side. Hold up a sign that says, 'FIRE MCMILLAN' then we'll know.

Anyways, have fun. Get in all the beers before the Lions get shallacked. :whip:

Will do! Your lucky tradition is on your city's side. Hold up a sign that says, 'FIRE MCMILLAN' then we'll know.

Can you believe it..... they actually take the Fire Millen signs away from people. The claim is that the signs distract other people from watching the game, but nobody ever takes away a sign from some schmuck that says something to the effect of "I love the lions".

Tyranny! (Especially @ $8 a beer)

I think you guys should have a Michigan merchandise party. Go to the harbors of Lake Michigan take all Lions merchandise and throw it in the lake. Then the quartering act of the Detroit Red Wings will surely be a blessing! EUREKA!

Edited by Rameses the Great

I sometimes think the NFL equals the death of fun regarding football. I'll watch and sometimes enjoy it but nothing gets me going like college ball. I'm not tied to any Pro team anymore--I was a rabid LA Rams fan years ago and follow both the Redskins and Seahawks.

But college ball that I really enjoy. North Carolina is my team (bad year for that but we get Butch Davis as coach next year) and for any team playing Duke or NC State. I'm lifelong Notre Dame fan as well, with Boston College and the Washington Huskies perennial favorites.

Give me a few decent college games and I'll sit on the couch all Saturday.

I know nothing about American football, and have no interest in it, until now, when I find out there's a guy called "Butch" involved in coaching, classic ! Virgil, your team has just become my team !

• 1 month later...

We got the AFC and NFC conference games all decided. I thought that the Divisional Games this weekend were the best I've ever seen. I was really pulling for the Chargers, what heartbreak. B)

The Bears won, which means the Saints will visit Chicago in the NFC Championship Game.

The classless Patriots, will visit Peyton Manning and the Colts. Where have we seen this before. :ph34r:

New Orleans at Chicago 3:00 ET pm 12:00 PT pm FOX

New England at Indianapolis 6:30 ET pm 3:30 PT pm CBS

Who you got?

I just thought I should add these in honor of the two home teams playing this Sunday.

Coors Light Mike Ditka Press Conference Ad

Coors Light Mike Ditka Press Conference Ad 2

Coors Light Jim Mora Press Conference Ad

Edited by Rameses the Great