UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dharma bum

Latin To English Translator?

Does anyone know of a good online Latin to English translator?

Also, are there any sites that have a wealth of quotes from all Romans....most that I find just have a few here and there.

Here comes my rant :lol:

There are ZERO online translators which are worth even a fart. None seem to be able to translate phrases with any reliability; at best, they can be used to look up a single word, but you really must know the grammar of the languages you're dealing with in order to know what it is that you're getting, and to be able to judge its validity.

(Every semester I make this speech to my students, and every year they don't believe me...until I return their papers full of 'blood'.)

(Every semester I make this speech to my students, and every year they don't believe me...until I return their papers full of 'blood'.)

Something similar happened last year to a friend of mine with an English to Italian translation... one of the funniest things i've ever heard!

And fortunately nobody has ever dared to do such a stupid thing with Latin in my class. At least, you can use the best student as a human-translator... ^_-