UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Your Hidden Roman Name

Nephele

Jacobs_43, your nomen gentilicium of Braccius has its roots in the old Oscan dialect, the Osci having been the inhabitants of southern Italy who, along with other historic tribes, fought against the early Romans before being eventually assimilated by them.

Members of your branch of the Braccii were noted for their cheerful nature, and thus today you bear the cognomen of "Gaudens", indicating this.

Your praenomen is Aulus, abbreviated as "A." Your full Roman name is:

A. Braccius Gaudens

= cnaoejabiagcrdus -jo +us

Welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele

Well I'm back but this time with a different name.

Can i go again? :lol:

oh well.

uaibiuosestvirbsict

just curious? *raised eyebrow*

vtc

Well I'm back but this time with a different name.

Can i go again? :lol:

oh well.

uaibiuosestvirbsict

just curious? *raised eyebrow*

vtc

You can go as many times as you like. :D Just let me know -- is this one male or female?

-- Nephele

uaibiuosestvirbsict

You can go as many times as you like. :lol: Just let me know -- is this one male or female?

-- Nephele

oops male

So, VTC... You want to see what Roman name can be found from your existing screen name? :lol: The possibilities are almost endless -- for anagrams as well as blanagrams.

Instead I'll Roman heavy-metalize your screen name:

Vibius Tiberius Costa

=

Tibircius Beastivous

*Nephele places a silver spiked collar around the neck of Tibircius Beastivous, and hopes to see him play his guitar in the warm-up band at the Flavian Amphitheater.*

-- Nephele

• 2 weeks later...
Since I've been doing these Hidden Roman Names here for some time, I figured it's time to update this posting, and provide a new scrambling tool.

What I do here is find your "hidden" Roman name in your own name through the art of anagram or blanagram. A blanagram is like an anagram, except that one letter has been exchanged for another.

In my Hidden Roman Names blanagrams, I may exchange more than one letter, because a masculine ancient Roman name will generally require the letters "i", "u", and "s". A feminine ancient Roman name will generally require the letters "i" and "a".

All you need to do is provide me with a scramble of your name (and let me know whether you are male or female). I ask you to scramble your name for privacy. Here is a scrambling tool if you need help:

Scramble Me! (don't leave spaces between your first, middle, and last names as your type them out)

If your name scramble is too long to work with, I may ask you to remove a middle name. Or, to save time, you may provide me with both a scramble of your first/middle/last name and just your first/last name. Don't forget to let me know whether you are male or female!

Your resulting Roman name will be uniquely your own, as it will be created from the rearranged letters of your existing name. You may even receive your ancient Roman "family history", to go with your new name.

More about Roman names.

-- Nephele

Since I've been doing these Hidden Roman Names here for some time, I figured it's time to update this posting, and provide a new scrambling tool.

What I do here is find your "hidden" Roman name in your own name through the art of anagram or blanagram. A blanagram is like an anagram, except that one letter has been exchanged for another.

In my Hidden Roman Names blanagrams, I may exchange more than one letter, because a masculine ancient Roman name will generally require the letters "i", "u", and "s". A feminine ancient Roman name will generally require the letters "i" and "a".

All you need to do is provide me with a scramble of your name (and let me know whether you are male or female). I ask you to scramble your name for privacy. Here is a scrambling tool if you need help:

Scramble Me! (don't leave spaces between your first, middle, and last names as your type them out)

If your name scramble is too long to work with, I may ask you to remove a middle name. Or, to save time, you may provide me with both a scramble of your first/middle/last name and just your first/last name. Don't forget to let me know whether you are male or female!

Your resulting Roman name will be uniquely your own, as it will be created from the rearranged letters of your existing name. You may even receive your ancient Roman "family history", to go with your new name.

More about Roman names.

-- Nephele

More about Roman names.

-- Nephele

Hi Nephele

Thanks for welcoming me. Hope this is ok.

GELURABS(male)

My interest in ancient rome began about 4 years ago when I got a digibox and started watching the UK history channel. Read a fair bit since but still got an awful lot to learn about this immense topic. Presently reading

"Imperium by Robert Harris, the focus of which is the great Cicero. At the part where Crassus and Pompey have formed their joint consulship. Anyway look forward to conversing with you all.

Regards Glaberus

Hi Nephele

Thanks for welcoming me. Hope this is ok.

GELURABS(male)

My interest in ancient rome began about 4 years ago when I got a digibox and started watching the UK history channel. Read a fair bit since but still got an awful lot to learn about this immense topic. Presently reading

"Imperium by Robert Harris, the focus of which is the great Cicero. At the part where Crassus and Pompey have formed their joint consulship. Anyway look forward to conversing with you all.

Regards Glaberus

Hi, Glaberus! The way this works is, you scramble your actual name -- not your screen name -- and I "find" your Roman name hidden among the letters of your actual name. ;)

I haven't read any of Robert Harris' novels, but I'll consider your recommendation! And, again, welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele

I'm back *Crowd Cheers*

I have a request from my (a lot) younger brother if he can have his name done

atonrhmoewspte

If thats to short just give me a sign

vtc (or should i sat tb)

VTC, in Anagram World your younger brother isn't related to you at all, but has a Roman identity which shows that he's a member of the Horatii -- an ancient patrician family whose most notable member was probably that legendary Horatius who bravely held a bridge against an onslaught of attacking enemies.

The cognomen of your brother (who isn't your brother in Anagram World) is "Mento," indicating that a physical peculiarity of his ancestors was a long chin. His praenomen is "Publius," abbreviated as "P."

His full Roman name is:

P. Horatius Mento

= atonrhmoewspte -ew +iu

-- Nephele

VTC, in Anagram World your younger brother isn't related to you at all, but has a Roman identity which shows that he's a member of the Horatii -- an ancient patrician family whose most notable member was probably that legendary Horatius who bravely held a bridge against an onslaught of attacking enemies.

The cognomen of your brother (who isn't your brother in Anagram World) is "Mento," indicating that a physical peculiarity of his ancestors was a long chin. His praenomen is "Publius," abbreviated as "P."

His full Roman name is:

P. Horatius Mento

= atonrhmoewspte -ew +iu

-- Nephele

Come on, this might be your 600th post. My bro says thank you

vtc

Come on, this might be your 600th post. My bro says thank you

Tell your bro' he's very welcome. Also tell him that he's the reincarnation of any one of three ancient Greek writers who bore the name of "Metrophanes" (loosely meaning:

On a more random note, if you can (as you did :lol:) find out what the scrambled names are, can you work out my original (just mine though, don't cheat and look at my email address)

to try and keep this post thing up. I'll try and ask some more friends if they want theri naem done

vtc