UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Racial Traits In Contemporary Italy

Virgil61

This disappearance is an unmitigated tragedy! :) Virgil61's opus sent into the ether of cyberspace! I suspect a conspiracy by his detractors.

Dr. Dalby, perhaps you might look up Dr. Cronoch's exposition of the subject matter.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This disappearance is an unmitigated tragedy! :furious: Virgil61's opus sent into the ether of cyberspace! I suspect a conspiracy by his detractors.

Dr. Dalby, perhaps you might look up Dr. Cronoch's exposition of the subject matter.

A great loss to scholarship indeed, I foresaw Dr Dalby lecturing to the UK Forum on this very topic.

We all owe Virgil a debt of gratitude for his promotion of...educational...discovery.

I avoided looking at this thread till now because I thought "not another racial discussion". Having observed that there have been so many serious contributors participating, I began to read and soon realised that there must really be something of interest here.

But, Virgil, your first link doesn't work any more (at least, not for me). Have I missed the bus?

To the rescue!!!. The link seems to have changed.

Go HERE and click on 'Le 101 finaliste...' in the upper right hand corner.

Here it is on this LINK in a different format.

Or use this for a different perspective on the theory.

Edited by Virgil61

Ah, so that's what this was all about.

I find myself perversely compelled to give each of these regional representatives of their species an appropriate *cough* "scientific" classification name.

(Okay, so really I just wanted an excuse to anagram/blanagram stripper names for them.) Taking the first three...

"Asia La Busty" (Agliata, Susy -g +b )

Miss Cinema Campania

"Oriana Lovalee" (Alari, Eleonora -r +v)

Miss Sasch Modella Domani Lombardia

"Candi Tia Adultera" (Andreatti, Claudia)

Miss Trentino Alto Adige

And, because Gaius Octavius hails from my own region, he gets an anagrammed stripper name, too! Wheeee! Work it, G.O.:

"Darckke Blaede" (klbekac dedera)

-- Nepilla, Nepiana, Nephele

We all owe Virgil a debt of gratitude for his promotion of...educational...discovery.

I avoided looking at this thread till now because I thought "not another racial discussion". Having observed that there have been so many serious contributors participating, I began to read and soon realised that there must really be something of interest here.

But, Virgil, your first link doesn't work any more (at least, not for me). Have I missed the bus?

Here it is on this LINK in a different format.

Or use this for a different perspective on the theory.

Yes, these new links were just what I needed. I should add that the map (the second link in Virgil's original post) is very pretty too, but in this subject area the salient points seem to stand out more clearly as one studies the raw data. To which I am now giving my best attention.

I find the languages attributed to the specimens curious. I am afraid that they need further investigation. Only DNA tests could prove your hypotheses. This is an area in which I have much interest. It would be my pleasure to conduct these tests when you are of a mind to do so.

I fear that this is just too big a job for one man alone ( even for the Lord of Brookfordshiresexingham!) so i am willing to offer my services for this very important investigation.

I would give the specimens my upmost attention, in a purely professional manner :)

And, because Gaius Octavius hails from my own region, he gets an anagrammed stripper name, too! Wheeee! Work it, G.O.:

"Darckke Blaede" (klbekac dedera)

-- Nepilla, Nepiana, Nephele

N.H. :sp_ike: , my Lord Black Adder :ph34r: is paying attention. Beware! :hammer:

Cecil, Earl of Brookfordshiresexingham

:)

N.H. :sp_ike: , my Lord Black Adder :hammer: is paying attention. Beware! :)

Has he a plan, so cunning, you could dress it in a toga, march it 'cross the Rubicon, and call it "Caesar"? :ph34r:

-- Nephele

• 4 weeks later...

Gentlemen:

I hope all of your investigations have proven successful. I have had a problem with this specimen. Do any have any views on this subject?

http://donne.alice.it/gallery/miss_italia_...,zoom=6100.html

I don't foresee any real difficulty in handling this one, Octavius. Let me deal with it.

A.D., a man of your dignity, gravity and intelligence will surely set this particular subject-specimen to rest. A full report of your travails would be greatly appreciated.

• 5 months later...
In my opinion, Italia Irridentia and Corsica along with Monaco and the Italian speaking regions of Switzerland should be included in the study. The more subjects that are studied the greater the validity of the work.

And here I must take issue with the parameters of the study. Whilst the specimens shown are certainly persuasive as evidence for a thesis purporting to prove that racial types in Italy are perhaps somewhat superior to those throughout other areas of Europe, how can any full study not take account of the male variety of the samples shown? I would therefore suggest that this study is flawed and would welcome deep research into ALL examples of the racial type. I am prepared to do field work on this topic in the interest of scholars everywhere.