UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Ancient Roman curse found

Magalus? I don't hold out hope for retribution; the sod chose a god so obscure even Wikipedia can't find him. Doesn't say much for Maggie's dependability.

Very interesting article, tho I couldn't find the curse in the original Latin. Anyone have a link to it? Might be interesting in regard to classical vs. vulgar vocabulary and syntax.

Very interesting article, tho I couldn't find the curse in the original Latin. Anyone have a link to it? Might be interesting in regard to classical vs. vulgar vocabulary and syntax.

Unfortunatly neither could i, i've looked but to no avail, if you do manage to find a link please post it.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
From what I know, Magalus is one who leads, but the feminine entity Maglus is the lead hunter, both are probably Celtic or some provincial god/goddess. Nevertheless, I find these curses fun, and if you can read them in actual Latin on the actual tablet, it feels nice.

If such god was a hunter, it makes sense its invocation to track and find the robber.