UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Icons ? Anyone know where to ?

I would dearly like to download some roman empire icons (any type, any amount !)

So do any of you fellers (or ladies) know wherefore they may be ?? :)

Oh yeah - just discovered this site, and am a great fan of all things ancient Roman, and Byzantine (Damn the Turks for conquering them ! :lol: ) history

By the way - I thoroughly recommend JJ Norwich's "Byzantium" trilogy - fabulous reading. :clapping:

Currently reading Tom Holland's "Rubicon" and great it is too - while listening -not at the same time obviously ! - to Robert Harris's Imperium on my MP3 player (a Rio Karma by the way - I have a Sony nw-hd5h also, with many other books on that, too - as well as music of course !) :D

Edited by Phil K

I don't know where to download massive quantities of Roman themed icons. I do adore yours though!

Most of the icons/sigbars I've had I made myself actually. I've done a few roman ones.

The avatar you mean ?

Nicked it from a local site for Newcastle - it was meant to signify Segedunum anyways - Wallsend - (hence the wall in the background)

Been largely disappointed with Google.

The first Roman icons I got where from here.

Oh - by the way.

I've got a nice pic from my home town showing a list of the Romans who actually BUILT the wall in my neighbourhood ! Taken from a large stone in the Segedunum camp by the River Tyne (very industrialised area, so almost all - including the wall itself - was mainly underground)

122 AD ?

The names are very interesting.

And remember - these people WERE the ones doing it !

The names were taken from blocks on the wall, where they had been carved in.

I'd upload it (and maybe one or two others showing whats left of the wall (mainly underground) in my own backyard so to speak, but I can't find the upload instructions.

Edited by Phil K