UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Accepted into Binghamton University. Yes!!!

Divi Filius

Next year I will be transfering for the city university which I currently attend and will be heading to Binghamton University, in upstate NY. The place is quite cheap but offers a great education. Anyway this is where I plan on getting my bachelors. From here I plan on moving on to Chicago University for my masters and eventual phd.

But one step at a time right now.

I'm still applying for Fordham University. The university is three times the tuiton price of Binghamton and I stay here in the city(NY) for it.

I'm pretty confident that I will get accepted, however the hard part will be deciding between the two. Atleast I have one of them down for now.

:oops:

Edited by Divi Filius

Congrats. SUNY-Binghamton has a very good rep as does Fordham.

Don't knock the Jesuits, they've established some damn good universities; Georgetown, Boston College, Gonzaga, Marquette, all the Loyolas, Holy Cross, Santa Clara and Fordham.

Don't knock the Jesuits, they've established some damn good universities; Georgetown, Boston College, Gonzaga, Marquette, all the Loyolas, Holy Cross, Santa Clara and Fordham.

Although I prefer Dominicans, I did not knock the Jesuits!

DF, beware of wereweasles up there in the boondocks!

Anyway this is where I plan on getting my bachelors. From here I plan on moving on to Chicago University for my masters and eventual phd.

But one step at a time right now.

No kidding, one step at a time. Grad school is not for everybody; it takes much discipline, dedication, and sacrifice. Yes, it's worth it (for some) in the end, but don't be so firm in your plans. Take your time, enjoy your college years, and should the Fates align things so that you are meant to go to grad school, then so be it. But do not close yourself off to other possibilities in college! That's the great thing about even a half-way decent university (and Binghamton is better than that, definitively): there are numerous avenues to take in order to enrich yourself. Enjoy!

"...there are numerous avenues to take in order to enrich yourself. Enjoy!"

Yeah, become a politician. One of them, up there in Banginghamton, had his own personal short-cut to Albany built - R'te 88. :clapping:

No side trips to Ovid - snakes. :D

Take your girlfriend to Cayahoga Falls, higher than Niagara, and reclusive. :clapping: A bird book would be nice to take along. The highway gestapo up there don't like NYC drivers. :nopity:

Almost forgot, don't expect to eat decent food up there in Appalachia. ;)

:lol:

Edited by Gaius Octavius