UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Error Corrections

I occasionally receive emails from visitors pointing out minor mistakes in content, grammar or spelling. As these things occasionally slip through, your efforts are much appreciated.

Please feel free to notify us either here in the forum or directly though email:

primuspilus@unrv.com

Thanks again!

• 1 year later...

I don't know if this is the right place for humble requests, but I'd like to see three new features added to the main site. The first feature is a geneaology for at least some of the major families during the late republic and principate. We're getting a fair number of visitors thanks to the HBO/BBC Rome series, and I'd bet that a geneaology might help fill in some of the missing pieces for them. The second is a more complete list of magistrates from the Republic. Last I checked, the list was more of a placeholder than a full list. Third, it would be nice if we had portraits of the major figures who are covered.

I'd be happy to help out as far as I can.

• 3 months later...

whose powers were of a managerial nature and less an issue of executive control.

It still bothers me a little, the coordinating conjunction 'and' suggests parallel construction. Yet to say their their powers were less of an issue seems a little non-sequitur.

How about: whose powers were of a managerial nature rather [or 'moreso'] than executive.

• 4 months later...
I found the most minor of errors but... what the heck it's an error.
It was a double-edged weapon about 18 long and two inches wide

Back in the weapons page.

Thanks.. fixed.

[EDIT] I've removed those posts (including my own) that were not directly related to correcting errors (spelling, grammar, or points of factual contention) in the static history pages of the site.

Lol. I'm sorry Primus, but I find the smallest of things.... :yes:

Navy Page:

...but the Roman ships were fitted with a corvus accommodate their strengths in land combat.

Insert a "to" between corvus and accomodate.

Cheers.

Lol. I'm sorry Primus, but I find the smallest of things.... :yes:

Navy Page:

...but the Roman ships were fitted with a corvus accommodate their strengths in land combat.

Insert a "to" between corvus and accomodate.

Cheers.

Thats what the thread is here for... thanks!

While I was reading up on some various topics...

Trade goods page:

Transporting goods on land was expensive, so allot of trade went by also by sea. Below you will find a list of goods that were used in trade.

"so allot" - so a lot

Some rare, some expensive, and some used every day, all of them had in common that they were an integral part of the Roman Economy.

- Some were rare, some expensive, and some were used everyday. What they all had in common was that they were an integral part of the Roman Economy.

or

- Some were rare, some expensive, and some were used every day. What all of them had in common was that they were an integral part of the Roman Economy.

Tax Page, end of first paragraph.

difficult tax at best.

difficult task at best?

Roman Lituerature:

writers of Latin developed ion their own write.

:huh:

;)

What's the latin term for editor? :P

Edited by Antiochus of Seleucia

Most of the entry type pages were put together by Viggen who is writing English as his second and perhaps third language.

(Yes I am passing the blame off on my poor unknowing Austrian friend :P )

"...Viggen, who writes in English, which is his second or perhaps his third language." :huh:

I know that you will find this hard to believe, but even I muck things up on occasion. :D

If, I wasn't a dead man earlier, send flowers now. :sniper: ;)

:P

Most of the entry type pages were put together by Viggen who is writing English as his second and perhaps third language.

(Yes I am passing the blame off on my poor unknowing Austrian friend :P )

"...Viggen, who writes in English, which is his second or perhaps his third language." :D

I know that you will find this hard to believe, but even I muck things up on occasion. :P

If, I wasn't a dead man earlier, send flowers now. :sniper: ;)

If only I had had (yes 2 hads) the foresight to install several new emotes recently...

Ahhh, what luck.

:giljotiini:

This place is screwy. :huh:

(Yes I am passing the blame off on my poor unknowing Austrian friend ;) )

Wow, that explains a lot! Just let him know he's doing an excellent job!

No one challenged "Therefor"? "wasn't"? :P

Two 'hads' in a row? Anyone for three? :D

;)

In a serious vein, I am sure that Viggen's mis-steps are more the result of banging away at the keyboard than a lack of knowledge. I don't think that any author gets it right the first time around nor the fourth; that is why editors make a living. I believe that when an author reads his work, he sees what is in his mind and not what is on the page. (Take a peek at some of the critiques above.)

Having had a German partner and a German girl friend, it was my privledge to learn English from them. (There is a bummer in this sentence.)

Then, of course, there are the contributions of native English speakers hereabouts; yours truly, at the head of the list. :P

:huh:

Edited by Gaius Octavius