UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Jesus

A liberal website out of Jerusalem, Israel is reporting that a documentary film to be aired this week will prove the actual burial site for Jesus Christ and his family has been found. The filmmakers, including James Cameron of Titanic fame, claim they will display the coffins of Jesus and his mother Mary at a New York news conference on Monday.

The implications are clear: According the filmmakers, Jesus did not rise from the grave.

In response to the announced news conference, National Clergy Council president, the Reverend Rob Schenck (pronounced SHANK) said:

This kind of sensationalism has been tried before. Only five years ago no less of a prestigious organization than Biblical Archeological Review Journal claimed it had the coffin of James, the brother of Jesus. It was later determined to be a hoax.

These filmmakers, who have an obvious bias against Christianity, say the evidence in this case rests on the names inscribed on the coffins and DNA testing. First, the names Jesus, Mary, Joseph and the others they will cite, were some of the most common for that region at that time. Second, there are no known descendants of Mary alive today, so what does DNA have to do with it?

Thinking people should take this announcement with a grain of salt.

Now this should be interesting on all accounts. While I can't see Cameron doing something like this just for attention, I'm not hopeful that this will be anything that is actually confirmed.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was there an old Crusader from the Brotherhood of the Cruciform Sword guarding the cave?

-- Nephele

My thoughts exactly, Flavius. Of the millions of people who lived in that area during the time in question, one family of ten with common names, buried in their family tomb, is obviously the family of Jesus of Nazareth.

I'm also suspicious about the number of women buried in the tomb. Generally, marriagable women were married off almost as soon as they were able to bear children.

Well, gang, here it is, proof positive:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17328478/site/newsweek/

Please wipe your shoes off before you leave this thread. :horse: I'm gonna have a pop. :huh:

:lol:

And how on earth would we test the DNA?

They could always check with mine! ;):D

:lol:

Edited by Gaius Octavius

Sigh, I hope those idiots know that Jesus, Mary, Joseph, etc weren't the only ones around at the time with those first names.

And how on earth would we test the DNA?

We would test the DNA by comparing it with that French actress off of The DaVinci Code. She's descended from Jesus and Mary Magdalene

My thoughts exactly, Flavius. Of the millions of people who lived in that area during the time in question, one family of ten with common names, buried in their family tomb, is obviously the family of Jesus of Nazareth.

I'm also suspicious about the number of women buried in the tomb. Generally, marriagable women were married off almost as soon as they were able to bear children.

To refute:

"Over generations the caves grew crowded with boxes, and families, eager to conserve space, often put two or three