UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Guess the ancient city!

Maladict

Damn I was too late, I've been there when I was a kid. Actually thats one of the first roman sites I remember visiting. Places like that caught my interest for the ancient times.

Great image, GPM. Went there when I was 14 - it hasnt changed!

Yes it has NN!! The trees have grown a bit!! I distictly remember seeing that one on the left - it was half the size back then!

Sorry guys - just thought I would poke my nosey in here.... ;)

Great pic mind... is there more to this ruin or is that what we see - its entirety?

Are you sure it's not a mater of difference in towns name? (French/English)

It's clearly the theater in Orange at that picture. (Or someone stole it and rebuilt it somewhere else)

Are you sure it's not a mater of difference in towns name? (French/English)

It's clearly the theater in Orange at that picture. (Or someone stole it and rebuilt it somewhere else)

:lol: Sorry you are right it is Arausio and I'm clearly an idiot :lol:

Finally after weeks of trying to get a go on this thread I get my big moment and then proceed to balls it up :thumbsup:

Pantagathus your up next!

:oops: Sorry you are right it is Arausio and I'm clearly an idiot :lol:

Finally after weeks of trying to get a go on this thread I get my big moment and then proceed to balls it up ;)

First time I sent a picture in, I left the name of the place at the top of the picture! As a matter of interest, where did you believe this place to be?

:oops: Sorry you are right it is Arausio and I'm clearly an idiot :lol:

Finally after weeks of trying to get a go on this thread I get my big moment and then proceed to balls it up ;)

First time I sent a picture in, I left the name of the place at the top of the picture! As a matter of interest, where did you believe this place to be?

I got it muddled up with another picture I was looking at in a gallery of ancient architecture, they were next to each other and I got the names the wrong way round.... If that makes any sense??

Here's the other picture, do you know where it is???

1010.jpg

This time I'm sure of the place.........I think!!! :D