UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Roman Light Bulb Jokes

Q: How many Centurions does it take to screw in a light bulb?

A: Two. One to beat the bulb into submission and one to find a new (not shattered) bulb.

---------------------------------------------

Q: How many Imperators does it take to screw in a light bulb?

A: Six. One to rearrange the calender to include a Screwing in of the Light Bulb festival, one to collect taxes to pay for the Screwing in of the Light Bulb festival, one to commission the building of a new arena for the Light Bulb festival, one to requisition exotic animals and gladiators for the Light Bulb festival, one to advertise and send out invitations for the Light Bulb festival, and one to organize the Light Bulb parade.

The Imperator's wife has to point out that it is now the day of the Light Bulb Festival and they have forgotten to acquire the light bulb. The festival is postponed for a month while the Imperator's top politicians work together to make up a story and deliver a speech as to why the festival had to be put off, and a light bulb is found, but by this point all of the resources originally collected have been spent so the process has to start all over.

--------------------------------------

Ok, this one is Greek:

Q: How many Olympians does it take to screw in a light bulb?

A: Only one, but Eris had to go and start another meaningless competition among them to decide who was best suited to change the light bulb. She's started another war amongst mortals, but Paris of Troy decided to stay out of it this time. Last time I checked, they were still fighting and to put an end to it, Hermes just snuck in and changed the bulb while no one was looking.

:lol:

Well, I havent got any Roman ones, but I heard this one on BBC Radio 4 the other day:

Q: How many Daily Mail* Readers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

A: Well, I don't understand what was wrong with the old ones... they were nice, round, simple and honest, but now they're all loopy, too long and are dim when you turn them on. AND they're made by foreigners...

* or Republicans / fox news fans!