UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

NHL Playoffs

GO SHARKS!!!

(Ok, so they prolly won't make it...I really only seem to catch the western conference games, and I can't tell who's coming out of here. But watch the Sabres go all the way! Wouldn't that be a laugh!)

Edited by docoflove1974

Ok, so they prolly won't make it...I really only seem to catch the western conference games, and I can't tell who's coming out of here. But watch the Sabres go all the way! Wouldn't that be a laugh!)

Why would the Sabres winning it all be a laugh, their the best team in the league. If any team deserves to win it all its the Sabres, and they are long over due at that. Its finally Buffalo's year, and those of us that live in Buffalo can't wait to celebrate.

Ok, so they prolly won't make it...I really only seem to catch the western conference games, and I can't tell who's coming out of here. But watch the Sabres go all the way! Wouldn't that be a laugh!)

Why would the Sabres winning it all be a laugh, their the best team in the league. If any team deserves to win it all its the Sabres, and they are long over due at that. Its finally Buffalo's year, and those of us that live in Buffalo can't wait to celebrate.

Don't count on it being an easy ride. You will likely have to face the Senators or Penguins and that in itself may be too much to handle.

I think the lightning will take it, St Louis and Lecavelier are on fire this season, Ottawa will choke as usual and the penguins don't have enough class, I wouldn't call them a one man team but without Crosby they'd be average, but I wouldn't write off Buffalo they've had a great season and could just pull it off.

I have family in Toronto so obviously I'm a Maple Leafs fan and was gutted when they just missed out on the play offs on the last day of the regular season, it's the second year running we've not been in the play offs now.... not good enough!

I think the lightning will take it, St Louis and Lecavelier are on fire this season

The Lightning most likely won't be able to beat Brodeur and the Devils are just too much for them.

Ottawa will choke as usual and the penguins don't have enough class

Pittsburgh is inexperienced but I think they could go as far as their high octane offence can take them. As for the Senators I know they choke being a Leafs fan but it is in time that they will knock down that bloody wall.

I wouldn't write off Buffalo they've had a great season and could just pull it off.

It's still Buffalo. :lightbulb:

I have family in Toronto so obviously I'm a Maple Leafs fan and was gutted when they just missed out on the play offs on the last day of the regular season, it's the second year running we've not been in the play offs now.... not good enough!

Tell me about it! We have no cap space. Sundin's no longer a captain, Tucker is not a franchise player, Raycroft's no goalie, and the Leafs right now are not a good team.

What is it with all the Buffalo bashing here. As far as you canadian fans are concerned no canadian team has won the stanley cup since '93 and the last time the Leafs were in the eastern conference finals they were routed by Buffalo in 5 games, and does anyone remeber last years playoffs when ottawa was also beaten in 5 games by Buffalo. As far as the San Jose Sharks are concerned even if they somehow get past Nashville they WILL NOT get past the second round no matter who they face. As for the Penquins well they didn't look too great against ottawa in game one so unless they get their act together i'm not to worried about them either.

What is it with all the Buffalo bashing here. As far as you canadian fans are concerned no canadian team has won the stanley cup since '93 and the last time the Leafs were in the eastern conference finals they were routed by Buffalo in 5 games, and does anyone remeber last years playoffs when ottawa was also beaten in 5 games by Buffalo. As far as the San Jose Sharks are concerned even if they somehow get past Nashville they WILL NOT get past the second round no matter who they face. As for the Penquins well they didn't look too great against ottawa in game one so unless they get their act together i'm not to worried about them either.

Canadian teams have made an appearance in the last two Stanley Cup finals and could have won if it were not for bad officiating. As for the Leafs they should have beaten the Kings in Game 7. Gilmour was high sticked and Mr. McGoo Frasier didn't call it. Anyways, if the Sens make it by the Pens you bet they'll be bent on some revenge. Ottawa at their best, is the best team in the NHL.

Edited by Rameses the Great

Canadian teams have made an appearance in the last two Stanley Cup finals and could have won if it were not for bad officiating. As for the Leafs they should have beaten the Kings in Game 7. Gilmour was high sticked and Mr. McGoo Frasier didn't call it. Anyways, if the Sens make it by the Pens you bet they'll be bent on some revenge. Ottawa at their best, is the best team in the NHL.

I agree with you Ram, when the Sens are at the top of their game there's no other team in the league who can match them, but like I said before, when it comes to the play offs the just can't seem to find their top game and always seem to come unstuck, I think the Penguins will take them.

I think You under estimate Buffalo, they've been solid all season, they won more games, scored more goals (20 goals) than any other team and finished the regular season joint top points scorers, they're not the most attractive team but they get the job done and at the end of the day that's all that matters.

I'm still sticking with my original prediction, Tampa to take the Stanley Cup!

P.S. Hope you enjoy the game Ram. :)

well as much as i hate to say this..... GO FLAMES GO YAAAAY THE 1 MILE OF RED YAAAA any way some how i dont see them making it past the first round let alone the the fith game but if i have to i will cheer for the canucks(i would hang myself before i do :) )

Unless Pittsburgh pulls out a miracle three game win streak against the Pens, we're just done for. It was a good run and if we can just push it to Game 6 and play it in Pittsburgh whether win or loss it will be a great thing.

I would have never pictured the Canucks moving on into the next round and beating Dallas after being down 1 considering how their games have went. :blink: The second round is set and some more good hockey to come ladies and gents.