UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

The Imaginary Party

*clap clap* Bring out the food! Strike up the band!

Eyeing Caldrail's slinking off, Doc runs over with a huge antelope steak for the panther, and a plate of roasted goose (with all the trimmings) for Caldrail...with her servant following behind with a rather large stein of ale. Perhaps if the mighty Caldrail is properly fed, he won't be such a trickster...well, at least it's worth a shot.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Ale? Ale? Surely not the drink of the common classes Docoflove? No, I shall enjoy the fruits of the vine tonight, sensibly warmed and watered, though I might tolerate some honey and resin for flavour if the grape was insufficient.. Lets try... Ah yes, I know this one. Five years old, a poor harvest, not enough sugar... But I'm showing off. Nice peacock feather... but I'm afraid Manlius is immune to such suggestions. If you'll excuse me?"

Now then... According to this scroll, someone owes my patron a considerable sum. I think Manlius might be gainfully employed this evening...

"Ale? Ale? Surely not the drink of the common classes Docoflove? No, I shall enjoy the fruits of the vine tonight

"Hey, I was just offering another option...."

As long as my guests are happy, that's all that counts!

"Ale? Ale? Surely not the drink of the common classes Docoflove? No, I shall enjoy the fruits of the vine tonight

"Hey, I was just offering another option...."

As long as my guests are happy, that's all that counts!

Ah happiness... I remember that!! Anyway, it seems the party is in full swing and that the good lady host is doing her utmostto keep things ticking along nicely. Feedng the panther and trying to persuade Caldrail to do the 'nice' things in life... will it succeed? It seems even now the 'wicked' chap is planning another little excursion to one of his many 'customers'. And so.. Doc, you have failed in your quest to drive a wedge between Caldrail and Manlius. Is there another plot ready to be hatched before Caldrail slinks off altogether to carry out his deed and extract more money from his 'victim'? What is the hold he has over this chunky slave? Maybe a neeter approach is required Doc.

I am feeling very light headed with all this fine wine and sumptuous food!! A rather good looking lady approaches and asks for my assistance elsewhere... can I really be bothered? Or does my manly gown need shifting this cool night?

Feeling somewhat vexed that Caldrail has not been agreeable to swapping for his tasty Nubian slave, Nephele decides to use her sorcery skills with the Ars Magna. She petulantly changes "Manlius tha Nubian" into a "Lithuanian busman".

Hmm... Manlius still looks rather imposing as a Lithuanian busman. I may leave him that way. Unless Caldrail can mollify me with a bribe and persuade me to change him back.

-- Nephele

It seems Manlius has suddenly gone from two words known to him to FOUR!!! Ah well, busmen are an intelligent lot!! It aslo seems that Manlius is asking Caldrail for his ticket!!! Is this to be his final demise as Manlius manhandles Caldrail? Or are they "Going on a Summer Holiday" together?

Going on a summer holiday? If manlius doesn't watch his step I'll have him pulling a cart for his keep. That gives me an idea? I wonder if I could charge people for rides about town? Hmmm....

Larconius Ralla circulates, making discreet inquiries as to the whereabouts of Sextius Hirtius Maximus...

He has withdrawn from public life until he has finished his exams...

And until Crassus forgets the debt I'll wager? No matter, I shall make a few deals and sales to the good folk whom I get to know tonight and profit nonetheless.

AC wonders if he can persuade one of his influential contacts into making to what Caldrail seems a very good deal? Austentatius Delarius is his man for this moment he thinks... so wanders off to find this most trustworthy of gents.

The god-Consul, who has been drugged by some soon to be Very Late personage, wakes from what he thought a short nap, and finds that two months have elapsed! He is appalled at the goings on. He makes note of the impostor, A/C, for future accounting. Hounds leaving their scent on peoples' legs. 'Massa'? 'Sunshine'? C., you racist! Well oiled people trying to worry a wild cat! Hard pressed lads trying to sow their wild seeds in any vacant plot. Disdressed woemens running for cover. DoL attempting to recount her recent 'oral defense' to any she can lay her paws on. N.C. casting evil spells on the innocent. Mooncollapse taking on the advocates of the Public Schools of Philosophy. But, the worst cut of all, is GO seeing his arch-friend, MPC, still in a vertical position and now arguing with His Greekness about the meaning of life and autochthonous. GO was under the impression that a cunning plan had been hatched to deal with MPC under extreme terminatory prejudice, and then elegantly disposed of in an Urnfield. Since his lictors are of no help, either to themselves or the Pater Arcanae, G.O. summons a cohort to surround the palace. No one in; no one out - of anything. Those, whose heads don't bounce, will be exiled to the Tin Islands.

And then...

Edited by Gaius Octavius

Oh... Erm.... Hello centurion..... Look its a warm night and I'm sure your lads could with a little rest and relaxation after all those aqueducts. Why not step inside and cool off? Ale for the lads, and just between you and me, centurion, there's plenty of decent wine and who knows, if you make the right connections tonight you might be made equestrian very soon....

Those, whose heads don't bounce, will be exiled to the Tin Islands.

I was headed there shortly anyway... Seems the bronze statue of the God Consul for his newly erected temple has already stressed every stannary outside of the Casseritides! :ph34r:

(With that said Pantagathus slips back into the shadows of the portico with one of the Cordax dancers... :naughty: )