UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Breasts Key Clue to Hatshepsut's Obesity

Actually this doesn't contain very much new that wasn't said in their previous articles. It's smelling very much like they're trying to advertise for their tv show about her. But here it is for anyone who's interested :blink:

When mummy experts piece together what an ancient person looked like in real life, one key to body type that's a dead giveaway is the size of the mummy's breasts.

Paleopathologists who have been trying to reconstruct the appearance of Hatshepsut

I think this is the third thread related to Hatshepsut I have read in the last days. Obviously, all of us are waiting for the Discovery's special scheduled in two days. As there are big names in the play and even maybe some political factors, anything that comes out is expected to be explosive, and not only to the archeological world. I think that some of the key elements which are going to be hot topic in the next weeks will be the genetic tests and the validation of the identification of the mummies of ALL the members of the XVIII Egyptian dynasty involved in this investigation (for example, Ahmes-Nefertari, purported grandmother of Hatshepsut that shows possible Negroid iconographical features), as they will be mutually supportive.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting how the present influences so much our view of the past. Obesity is something that has only became a problem in the present. In many past societies, there was nothing wrong in being fat, since that indicated that such person was very wealthy.