UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Roman archer rings

Hi,

I have been seeing quite a few Roman Archer Rings on ebay for sale. Since I am a bowhunter who is obsessed with the Roman Empire's history, I would love to have one.

However, I also found a page that lists almost all the rings I have seen on Ebay as a fake....specific pictures.

I am not sure if there are any real roman archer rings in existence or if the ones being sold are reproductions.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

New

I've seen these too, and wanted to have one. I haven't gotten one yet though. I haven't seen many actual sources for these rings; but I haven't looked very hard either. I do know there are a lot of "historical fakes" floating around Ebay.

Sometimes it is just nice to believe they are real. If you really really want a historically accurate ring and aren't sure if it is fake or not, e-mail the person you wish to buy it off to take a photo of a verification document which they should have if it has been checked by a professional.

If you aren't that bothered, try and find the most accurate looking one :)

vtc

I have a ring that's *supposedly* authentic and has a verification document with it. It's pretty cool. Not an archer's ring though.

Interesting, did it have a purpose? what is it made of? etc

vtc