UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Absence.

Gaius Octavius

Por que?

If you're a regular and you don't let PP know, he'll send the Hounds after you! :)

Nah, really, the Pater Arcanae has a point to be made, I'm sure...and a reason behind it. I'm sure.

Well, okay then. As the new guy I just do what I'm told.

So with that in mind, at approx 4pm EST time I will be departing the boards, returning at approx 6:45am EST tomorrow. :P

If I understand GO, he means if you are not going to log in for a while (a long while, like the last four months for me!), let PP know so your profile isn't erased. This is standard procedure on forums because the servers get clogged with the profiles of people who are on for a few days and then never show up again. During my four months of interlet-less-ness I had my profile for my WWII forum deleted during the seasonal upkeep. (BTW, I thank the mighty PP and &c for not delteing poor JR duringhis time away!)

If I understand GO, he means if you are not going to log in for a while (a long while, like the last four months for me!), let PP know so your profile isn't erased. This is standard procedure on forums because the servers get clogged with the profiles of people who are on for a few days and then never show up again. During my four months of interlet-less-ness I had my profile for my WWII forum deleted during the seasonal upkeep. (BTW, I thank the mighty PP and &c for not delteing poor JR duringhis time away!)

JR:

Yes, thanks. I was just kidding around.

And glad to hear about your non-deletion!

G

Thanks GO...

Fortunately, we have not yet been in a position where we have needed to eliminate inactive user accounts, and I doubt we ever will. Other than being inactive, I don't believe they have any adverse effect on server load, etc. However, we will demote users from the higher member groups (Patricii or Equites) in order to free up the gallery and blog features for more active users.

If you are going to be gone for an extended period of time, but have every intention of returning as an active member, just let us know and we won't touch your account. Additionally, we understand that life changes and people have things to do, or other interests, etc. Over the years, several folks have come and gone, and it's very much appreciated when someone takes a moment just to let us know they are moving on. As people become familiar with each other in discussion groups such as this, and actually begin to think of fellow posters as acquaintances and friends, folks can often be troubled when a long time member simply disappears.

On a selfish note it also reduces the number of questions we get like... "whatever happened to so and so."