UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Dr Who in Pompeii

WotWotius

I not really a fan of Dr Who, but this is certainly worth looking at,

I'd look at it, except we here in the States get this message: "Sorry, this programme is only available to play in the UK."

Will a proxy server work? I tried The Cloak, with no success.

-- Nephele

Thanks for that Wot, It wasn't bad at all.

I'm not a fan of Dr Who either, I can honestly say that I've never watched a single episode before....... until now!

It was good to see Caecilius, but wasn't he a banker in the Cambridge Latin books and not a marble merchant??

And where was Cerberus the dog I wonder?? Maybe he could have become the Dr's new assistant?

I think Catherine Taite needs to stick to the comedy sketches instead of acting. She kept slipping into different characters from her show.

And who'd have thought it......The blue box was in the Sibylline scrolls all along!!! :lol:

It was good to see Caecilius, but wasn't he a banker in the Cambridge Latin books and not a marble merchant??

Also he did not have a daughter, and he most definitely did not escape the wrath of Vesuvius. But hey, I am just glad to see Caecilius in action. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I saw most of it, although I missed a few minutes of the show near the beginning. It was very good. By the way did the Doctor tell Catherine Tate's character to come greet the Household dogs or Gods? I might have misheard that quote, or maybe it was meant to be a joke. I also really liked the ending, where we meet up with Caecilius family six months later in Rome, although I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen the episode.