UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Why does she have an avatar of some guy trying to remove "bats from the cave?"

augustaek4.png

*puts on helmet in anticipation of the whistle being blown ... *

How the heck did that happen? LOL!

T.A., what's the deal with your avatar??

-- Nephele

Oh, bats in the cave!

Shoo, bat! Shoo!

Bats in the cave!

Shoo, bat! Shoo!

Bats in the cave!

Shoo, bat! Shoo!

Skip to muh loo, muh darling!

That my friends is one of the loves of The Augusta's life, Frank Lampard.

That shot was taken after he'd just stepped up to score a penalty in extra time of their semi final, 2nd leg game against Liverpool. Incidentally the poor man had just buried his mum the week before, hadn't trained all week and some said he wasn't in the right frame of mind and shouldn't have been playing at all. What better way to answer your doubters.

I'm no big fan of Chelsea myself but I must admit I was pretty moved by the whole episode. I take my hat off to Mr Lampard!

Oh and BTW G-Man, that bat was actually the black armband he wore in honour of his mum so there!! :)

Edited by Gaius Paulinus Maximus

That my friends is one of the loves of The Augusta's life, Frank Lampard.

That shot was taken after he'd just stepped up to score a penalty in extra time of their semi final, 2nd leg game against Liverpool. Incidentally the poor man had just buried his mum the week before, hadn't trained all week and some said he wasn't in the right frame of mind and shouldn't have been playing at all. What better way to answer your doubters.

I'm no big fan of Chelsea myself but I must admit I was pretty moved by the whole episode. I take my hat off to Mr Lampard!

Oh and BTW G-Man, that bat was actually the black armband he wore in honour of his mum so there!! :ph34r:

Aw... That's sweet. (I really thought he was just picking his nose in that pic, as G-Man suggested.)

In honor of The Augusta, I shall bestow a blanagrammed Roman name upon him:

N. Lampadarius

= Frank Lampard -frk +ius

A "lampadarius" was a torch-bearer in ancient Rome. We can now picture Numerius Lampadarius as The Augusta's very personal attendant, carrying a torch for her. ;)

-- Nephele

Yes - to put you all out of your misery regarding my new (temporary) avatar - my good old friend GPM has hit on it. Lamps (as we affectionately refer to him) stepped up to score a vital penalty kick in our semi-final match with Liverpool last week, to help put us through to the final of the European Cup (Champions League, as the new prawn sandwichers have it). His mother had died just a couple of days before. Hence, the tribute is to him and to Pat, and the pic will remain as my avatar until we win this cup when we face United on May 21st. And we are going to win it!

Thanks for the blanagram, Neph.

Don't worry, all you purist Romanophiles - Livia will be back with you at the end of the season. Although - having said that - she may have to give way for another month to some sexy Italian centre-half until the 2008 European Championships are won by gli azzurri. :ph34r: