UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

We could use another Latin epic poem

Julia C

As part of my Latin/classics degree, I have chosen to write the first 150 lines of an epic poem written about my namesake. Choosing a heroine as the subject matter is a bit non-traditional, but then again, epic is a genre that continually evolves as it goes onwards--witness the differences between Annales,

What a creative -- and intriguing! -- undertaking! I'll be looking to this thread in the weeks to come in expectation that you'll share some of your work-in-progress here (with English translation?).

-- Nephele

[quote name='Julia C

Just want to say for the record that I've read Julia's poem. Her university Latin is quite well done -- and her use of footnotes as a Latin aid was a nice touch!

-- Nephele

Wow, congrats man, ive always been intrigued by poetry, so if you want to ill be willing to take a read. Sounds like its good from what Nephele has said.

- Chris

Yes, I would also love to read what you have so far (translated if that's okay...unfortunately I haven't been able to take a Latin course yet). I just got through reading the Aeneid and I'm definitely up for reading another epic. :D

[quote name='Julia C