UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

13,000-year-old Clovis tools unearthed in Colorado

"DENVER (AP)

Mahaffy wants to donate most of the tools to a museum but plans to rebury a few of them in his yard.

"These tools have been associated with these people and this land for 13,000 years," he said. "I would like some of these tools to stay where they belong."

I'm sure that one morning he'll wake up to see his yard dug up.

Looks like the geneticists have failed to disprove the artifact-based theory that the Clovis people migrated from France to the US. To oversimplify, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solutrean_hypothesis agrees today's Amer-indians have some Euro-origin genes, but they "appear" to have gone thru the same wringer (gene evolution) as all of those migrating eastwards (cross-Pacific rather than some of them cross-Atlantic).

Well,I just want to stay vigilant since so many scientists seem to have abandoned science for new age looneyness. Some rejoice to have any ancient remains immediately reburied by their supposed tribal descendants, eliminating the chance to study whether they have another origin. Others have decried how melting pack ice will raise sea levels, while it is an elementary scientific fact that floating ice displaces the same volume whether it is floating or melted (eg. water greatly expands when frozen... and also minutely expands when warmer than +4, so it actually lowers sea level when going from freezing to +4).

Edited by caesar novus