UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

New Avatars Available

For UNRV members who may be searching for just the right avatar to appear under your screen name... I've created 27 new avatars on a classical theme from which you might choose.

These new avatars can be found in the Base Gallery when you go into the "Edit Avatar Settings" function of your Personal Profile. Here is the direct link:

http://www.unrv.com/forum/index.php?act=Us...CODE=getgallery

Have fun!

-- Nephele

Bruce Wayne, Catwoman... Flik?? :-)

Cute !

But why is'nt Pink there ? what has she's done wrong ? As if.

A Pink-fan ( Not !)

Xanthippe

The gladiatrix Pink was holding a rather conspicuous Pepsi Cola can. I don't have product placement in my avatars. :huh:

-- Nephele

Haha! Those aren't the new ones that I did for the base gallery. They were already there (part of the message board's original package, I presume), and the reason why I felt moved to provide some Roman-themed and Greek-themed avatars for our members.

-- Nephele

Haha! Those aren't the new ones that I did for the base gallery. They were already there (part of the message board's original package, I presume), and the reason why I felt moved to provide some Roman-themed and Greek-themed avatars for our members.

-- Nephele

Ah, I see. I think some Asterix characters should be added as well, in keeping with the Roman theme. What do you think?

-- Nephele

Ah, I see. I think some Asterix characters should be added as well, in keeping with the Roman theme. What do you think?

Well, I've got Caesar from the Asterix comics in the collection. Asterix himself is a bit difficult, because of his rather imposing headdress that sort of takes up the entire box. To fit it all in, I'd have to downsize the picture quite a bit, and then Asterix's face becomes unrecognizable. And cropping out Asterix's headdress just doesn't seem right, it's so much a part of him.

If anyone here has any success at creating avatars from the Asterix comics (Northern Neil has a GREAT one as his own avatar), then feel free to post them in this topic. Any avatars you create must be no larger than 64 x 64 pixels.

-- Nephele

Nice!

Ooo, Pan looks good on you, Kosmo!

-- Nephele

-- Nephele

Well, I've got Caesar from the Asterix comics in the collection. Asterix himself is a bit difficult, because of his rather imposing headdress that sort of takes up the entire box. To fit it all in, I'd have to downsize the picture quite a bit, and then Asterix's face becomes unrecognizable. And cropping out Asterix's headdress just doesn't seem right, it's so much a part of him.

If anyone here has any success at creating avatars from the Asterix comics (Northern Neil has a GREAT one as his own avatar), then feel free to post them in this topic. Any avatars you create must be no larger than 64 x 64 pixels.

-- Nephele

While Obleix's face might be a bit too fat! :dontgetit:

Great selection Nephele, I hope you'll add more in the future.

Would these be any good?

gallery_4254_148_487.jpggallery_4254_148_244.jpggallery_4254_148_1234.jpggallery_4254_148_901.jpggallery_4254_148_1935.jpg

gallery_4254_148_1810.jpggallery_4254_148_90.jpggallery_4254_148_446-1.jpggallery_4254_148_579-1.jpggallery_4254_148_1475.jpg

Thanks, everyone!

Ooo, well done, Aurelia! We must add those to the collection, too!

-- Nephele

Edit: I just noticed that you have to slightly decrease the size of two of those avatars, Aurelia. The 3rd one in the bottom row, and the 4th one in the bottom row. The avatars can't be bigger than 64 x 64 pixels.

Edit again: Never mind. I just re-sized them and edited the re-sized avatars into your posting.

I have a few more saved up and will post them here later on (properly resised this time :-)).

Just for the record, let me add names to some of characters that may not be immediately recognizable:

gallery_4254_148_1234.jpgCleopatra aka Cleo

gallery_4254_148_1810.jpgFalbala (Obelix's love interest)

gallery_4254_148_90.jpgGetafix (or Panoramix in French)

gallery_4254_148_446-1.jpgSpartacus aka Kirk Douglas :-)

gallery_4254_148_579-1.jpgVitalstatisticx (or Abraracourcix in French)

gallery_4254_148_1475.jpg