UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

The Life of Brian - The Immaculate Edition

Viggen

The world's "best loved - and only - biblical comedy." Or a "blasphemous incitement to violence." It all depends on which side of the theological fence you find yourself sitting. The Life of Brian is not exactly on the same level of Romanophilia films as Ben-Hur or Spartacus. But it is, simply, hilarious. Monty Python takes an irreverent look at a time in Roman Judea when everyone was looking for deliverance from Messiahs...

...read the full review of The Life of Brian - The Immaculate Edition by Monty Python

The world's "best loved - and only - biblical comedy." Or a "blasphemous incitement to violence." It all depends on which side of the theological fence you find yourself sitting. The Life of Brian is not exactly on the same level of Romanophilia films as Ben-Hur or Spartacus. But it is, simply, hilarious. Monty Python takes an irreverent look at a time in Roman Judea when everyone was looking for deliverance from Messiahs...

...read the full review of The Life of Brian - The Immaculate Edition by Monty Python

Ursus - that review has got to be as brilliant as the film itself. But may I make a humble petition to the Triumviri. On returning to the Forum after nipping off for a mo I clicked the review and read it by Ursus but then it was a bit of a job to find the actual thread. I knew it would be under the Colosseum somewhere, but I was confused.

Would it be possible to have a dedicated 'Reviews' section all on its own for we challenged ladies with blonde streaks? It's only a little suggestion but it would be so much easier to just click into that particular sub-forum and find the thread we need to comment.

Would it be possible to have a dedicated 'Reviews' section all on its own for we challenged ladies with blonde streaks? It's only a little suggestion but it would be so much easier to just click into that particular sub-forum and find the thread we need to comment.

Viggen already had created a little something for the book reviews. But after informing him of this thread, he expanded it it to include all reviews and made it more visible.

So there you go! :D

Viggen already had created a little something for the book reviews. But after informing him of this thread, he expanded it it to include all reviews and made it more visible.

So there you go! :D

What can I say? Things weren't this efficient under Augustus! :) Thanks, men.

• 2 weeks later...

The funny thing is that the two references to Jesus in the movie are in accord with the New Testament narrative. it's most of it's critics didn't bother to watch the film.

On a another weird matter, when I read the review a Scientology ad appear next to it. :P

image2vfk.jpg