UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Another personality test

Kosmo

Why I took it:

"Would You Slap Your Father? If So, You’re a Liberal

By NICHOLAS D. KRISTOF

If you want to tell whether someone is conservative or liberal, what are a couple of completely nonpolitical questions that will give a good clue?How’s this: Would you be willing to slap your father in the face, with his permission, as part of a comedy skit?

And, second: Does it disgust you to touch the faucet in a public restroom?

Studies suggest that conservatives are more often distressed by actions that seem disrespectful of authority, such as slapping Dad. Liberals don’t worry as long as Dad has given permission.

Likewise, conservatives are more likely than liberals to sense contamination or perceive disgust. People who would be disgusted to find that they had accidentally sipped from an acquaintance’s drink are more likely to identify as conservatives.

The upshot is that liberals and conservatives don’t just think differently, they also feel differently. This may even be a result, in part, of divergent neural responses..."

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/28/opinion/28kristof.html

A test about disgust (and others tests) is here: http://www.yourmorals.org/disgust_process.php named disgust scale (second from the top)

You have to register to see the result.

My total score was 1.7 a bit higher then the average. The result did not comment on my political views.

Edited by Kosmo

From the NY Times article:

A corollary is that the most potent way to win over opponents is to accept that they have legitimate concerns, for that triggers an instinct to reciprocate.

This sounds naively solipsistic, to me.

-- Nephele

From the NY Times article:

A corollary is that the most potent way to win over opponents is to accept that they have legitimate concerns, for that triggers an instinct to reciprocate.

This sounds naively solipsistic, to me.

-- Nephele

Yes, what happened to :

'Speak softly and carry a big stick' ?

The liberals have completely taken over the media, that's what I say.

F :huh: rmosus

Yes, what happened to :

The postmodern academic left has deconstructed the above phrase and found it politically incorrect. A "big stick" is clearly a phallic inspired phrase, and therefore reenforces the violent male hegemony of aggressive competition and power struggle. As such it is deemed oppressive to women, and to any minorities who cannot equally compete in the social power game presided over by advantaged white males. Turning away from this legacy of domination, therefore, they say we should appeal to a more nurturing paradigm as inspired by eco-feminism. The liberal slogan should be "speak inclusively, and hug a tree."

Meanwhile, for their own part ,conservatives have long moved beyond the stage of speaking softly or carrying sticks. Their modus operandi is to speak obnxiously and carry a Bible (King James Version) backed up by a vast military-industrial complex.

Cheers.

Yes, what happened to :

The postmodern academic left has deconstructed the above phrase and found it politically incorrect. A "big stick" is clearly a phallic inspired phrase, and therefore reenforces the violent male hegemony of aggressive competition and power struggle. As such it is deemed oppressive to women, and to any minorities who cannot equally compete in the social power game presided over by advantaged white males. Turning away from this legacy of domination, therefore, they say we should appeal to a more nurturing paradigm as inspired by eco-feminism. The liberal slogan should be "speak inclusively, and hug a tree."

Meanwhile, for their own part ,conservatives have long moved beyond the stage of speaking softly or carrying sticks. Their modus operandi is to speak obnxiously and carry a Bible (King James Version) backed up by a vast military-industrial complex.

Cheers.

That was beautiful, Ursus.

From a darker perspective, I prefer Vlad the Impaler's use of a big stick for the whole tiresome lot of them. Mmmm... shish kabob.

-- Nephele

That was beautiful, Ursus.

From a darker perspective, I prefer Vlad the Impaler's use of a big stick for the whole tiresome lot of them. Mmmm... shish kabob.

-- Nephele

Yes, let's try the more gentle, feminine approach, instead of trying to reason with them.

There's no reasoning with those people. ( Whoever we are talking about, I'm not sure.)

F :huh: rmosus

Cheers.

Couldn't have said it better myself! lol :hammer::huh: