UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Welcome and Introduce Yourself Here

I love that I have found this place !

I am doing a story on a decurion in early Republic time. He saved a battle for the consul Sempronius - so with that as the main nugget - I am building a whole world around this guy.

Lots of fighting with the Volsicans too.

I have also been inspired by all the other writers in this genre here too - thanks all for posting and sharing.

But first, before you can participate, all you newbies must find and bring the UNRV Senate ..... a shrubbery!!!!

Digital or analogue? :P

Some of us have switched over already or are switching over this month so no analogue please :(

Being in America you may not have had the pleasure of having your TV signals switched from analogue to digital broadcasting which is currently being rolled out across the UK.

BTW welcome to our recent new members 'please forgive this breakdown in normal service' - we usually keep the sillier postings to the 'Hora Postilla Thermae' (after hours baths) ;)

Being in America you may not have had the pleasure of having your TV signals switched from analogue to digital broadcasting which is currently being rolled out across the UK.

BTW welcome to our recent new members 'please forgive this breakdown in normal service' - we usually keep the sillier postings to the 'Hora Postilla Thermae' (after hours baths) ;)

We had the digital/analog thing happen last year. I was confused what a shrubbery had to do with it. Maybe I am being obtuse today (it is a Monday).

Anyway, welcome new recruits.

Edited by Ursus

I suspect a mistranlation of the Monty Python in Search of the Holy Grail - the Knights who say Ni! reference ;)

I suspect a mistranlation . . . .

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Guanuaria,

Please ignore the above mistranslations and sillieness curtesy of Monty Python we welcome anyone with a genuine interest in Roman History.

Hi there,

I hope to learn a lot from this forum

greetings

Read in the context of the previous eight postings, your post is dripping with irony, Guanaria.

Welcome along anyway, and despite all the Python stuff you're bound to learn 'proper' Roman stuff as well.