UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Election

longbow

Britains general election is on next month and i havent got a clue who i should vote for.People died to get me this vote so i cant waist it,but all the partys involved are uselless and i wouldnt trust them with a potato gun,never mind a country!

Conservative=i couldnt vote for this lot just on principal and my family would never forgive me,so thats a no no.

Liberal Democrats=HAH,what a joke!

Labour = I voted Labour all my life,every one i know votes Labour and i live in a very Labour part of the country.But i dont trust Blair anymore and im sick of hearing his lies,the DR Kelly incident turned me against Blair,that was disgraceful behavour.

HELP who to vote for?

;)

I don't know enough about British party philosophy to be much use, and then again even if I did, the things I believe in may be totally different.

Does Blair have a chance? Seems to me after Iraq and the Kelly incident that it was a foregone conclusion that he would be ousted. Have things changed that much in the last year or 2 that He (his party) could actually remain in majority?

Its not so much that Blair is bad, its the alternatives to him just SUCK. I would vote for anyone anti-French. Is there anyone like that running? I love the Elections back home though because they're done after 2 - 3 weeks. In the US, the elections or talk of them lasts 2-3 years. Its VERY boring.

It,ll probably be Labour again :)

the only other real option is the Conservatives,and they lie more than Labour does!

I just hope we dont end up in the European union,i couldnt stand the French being in control of our Army.L

I just hope we dont end up in the European union

I wish you guys would stop messing about and get more involved :D

A European Federal Union is gonna happen eventually, and if you take part willingly rather than be dragged in kicking and screaming, you can have more say in how it evolves.

Personally, I think its a beautiful thing. Europe needs to be a superpower. The world needs Europe to be a superpower. There is a lack of balance in the world right now.

I would say that though, its little countries like us who have got all the benefits so far.:) The EU virtually built the prosperous Ireland we now live in.

Sorry, I'm taking this off topic as usual.

I imagine Blair will win the election. People go with what they know in an environment of fear. Much like in the States there will be a big deal made of the oppositions chances but in the end people will rather not risk change. If he figures he can get away with it watch for more arrests of " terrorists " and bogus security scares in the near future to keep everybody in check.

Of course its highly probable I'm way of the mark, I've no real idea of what British voters are thinking.