UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Metella

House Decorations - Bathroom Sets ?

Now - I'll even settle for some good Greek Key designs .... I want to have a feel of Republic in my bathroom ... but I can't afford marble fixtures ...

So I'm going pleb and just want stuff with gods or goddesses - or ancient warriors ....

I've done a google search - but google has sold out to SEO maddness.

One thing - I hate white - so I did find a white towel with inlaid white (textured) greek key - but that won't do.     White to me is cold as a corpse.

Thanks all !

Why don't you go for a pompey look on plaster ? Put a good hydrophobic plaster on your walls and then play with some paint to give it a bit of an ancient look : a dark-red shade for most of the room, with a black strip about 1m from the ground and two small white strips around the black one will give your bathroom a nice style for little costs. Then eventually you get someone to take a roman picture and to print it on some transparant adhesive to place on your wall at points where light falls directly, highlighting the painting. So it won't be as luxurious as the Villa Farnese frescoes (https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-frDd_LEONmU/UJd3UqLD5NI/AAAAAAABZ0A/BrCT37Zcl4w/s1095/P1010180.JPG) or the Villa dei Bacchanales (https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-MA15hAp1PTg/TM_hxOBjRcI/AAAAAAAA6OY/HOG3vHOXE-Q/s1024/P1030696.JPG), but still worth it 

Bryaxsis  - I LOVE the first wall painting. If I had the energy I had in my youth I would attempt to copy that onto my bathrom wall. In fact, long time ago I did actually paint a mural on my bathrom wall, a Roman maiden standing with a bowl of fruit behind the toilet, and to her left was a scene of the Grand Canal in Venice. :lol:  All in beautiful shades of burnt sienna, yellow ochre, blues, ect. My friends admired it so much, and it remained there for many years until I remodeled the room six years ago and painted over it. No photo of it was ever taken which upset my one friend very much. He was hurt that I painted over it. too funny.

Metella, it may not be what your are looking for but I found a site on Etsy that sold the most amazing shower curtains. They are expensive but the person photo copied some very interesting and beautiful scenes onto the curtain. I will try to look for the site and post back here. I had one bookmarked for a long time - it had The Three Graces on it I think, but I couldn't justify the cost. :(

ha ha  some of those shower curtains were hilarious - Farticus.   

Yes, those pics were inspiring.   I am non-too-handy with DIY projects, alas.   I guess I will have to get my book out and start racking up royalties.   (snark)   

My husband could do it -but his list is long ......   I'll save the pics for now and hope.

Any cool toothbrush holders?    I can start small.   ha ha