UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Computer Question

Lost_Warrior

My computer started with 256 MB of RAM...but when its just "resting" now it only has 70-ish MB available. When I'm surfing the net it only has about 30 MB physical memory available! Is this normal, or is my computer going to crash like, really soon if I don't get more RAM?? :P

Also, I just got this new program The GIMP...which is GREAT when it works. But it is having problems with "not responding" and such...and I'm worried that it will majorly kill my comp. anyone else use it or heard of it?

Have you tried using Sisoftware sandra?i think you can download it,it will tell you everything what your computers using or not using.Its a really easy system to use ,just click on whatever you want to check out.

sandrascreenlarge9kc.th.gif

Never heard of it. I have a similar thing that tells me how much of things is being used, but not the programs.

I just read that some computers only HAVE 32MB RAM originally...and they still work...and also that Windows uses alot of RAM all of the time with its moving around of files constantly.

hi,

in case you havent, i would check for ad/spyware that could cause memory leak, there are several programms that can clean them, one that i use (it is free) is adaware

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

at the end of the day i would invest a couple of bucks and get your computer an extra 256 megs at least, that will improve your daily routine on the computer dramatically...

regards

viggen