UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Pyramid Found - In The Heart Of Bosnia!

Near the city of Visoko, 30 km north of Sarajevo, there is a stone pyramid of monumental size, claims the Bosnian archeologist Semir Osmanagić, who lives and works in the USA.

After several months of geological and archeological research, Mr. Osmanagić concluded that under the present hill of Visočica hides a stairs-like pyramid, about 12,000 years old. Osmanagić, who intensively researched on pyramids in Americas, Asia and Africa for the last 15 years and wrote several books on the subject, says he's quite sure he found the first pyramid in Europe, which is quite similar to ones in the Southern America.

He believes that the project would completely change Bosnia's significance in the world of archeology.

On the top of "Bosnian pyramid of Sun" was a temple, built by pre-Illyrians, people who lived, according to Osmanagić, 27,000 years ago.

Mr. Osmanagić thinks he will solve the "Bosnian pyramid of Sun" in the next five years, but also prove the existence of "Bosnian pyramid of Moon", lying under the neighboring hill of Kri

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The foundation of plant domestication developed in the Middle East during the Younger Dryas, about 10,800 - 9,600 BC which is right about 12,000 years ago. There was so much climatic turmoil during that period that I have a hard time believing that a previously unknown civilization, far more advanced than that of those in the Middle East built a 100 meter high pyramid in Bosnia. The first farmers to even settle Greece only arrived about 7,000 BC. Prior to that there were only hunter-gatherers living in caves or huts.

Intestingly that piramides were founded on south of Russia and in the Crimea too. I read about piramides in Britain on one of the russian sites. But the piramide which I saw myself in Crimea looked like a construct 8-9 feets hight and it was not so old in my opinion. I would like to read about piramides in Britain on other sites but couldn't find the information about it.

• 1 month later...

Update

Scientist: Bosnian Hill May Have Pyramid

With eyes trained to recognize pyramids hidden in the hills of

El Salvador, Mexico and Peru, Semir Osmanagic has been drawn to the mound overlooking this central Bosnian town.

"It has all the elements: four perfectly shaped slopes pointing toward the cardinal points, a flat top and an entrance complex," he said, gazing at the hill and wondering what lies beneath.

No pyramids are known in Europe, and there is no evidence any ancient civilization there ever attempted to build one.

But Osmanagic, a Bosnian archaeologist who has spent the last 15 years studying the pyramids of Latin America, suspects there is one here in his Balkan homeland.

full article at CBSNews

But don't they find pyramids everywhere? They're in South America, Indonesia, Egypt, China, and sub-Saharan Africa. So why is it surprising they found one in Bosnia too? If you're going to build something tall and either don't know anything about architecture or are cursed with lousy building materials, the most stable structure you can build is a pyramid.

Am I missing something? Why is this such an astonishing discovery? As far as I can tell the only thing astonishing is that the Europeans DIDN'T seem to have any pyramids until today.

Am I missing something? Why is this such an astonishing discovery?

...maybe because it is astonishing that there were unknown people that made this massive building in the middle of europe and it was unnoticed until recently?

regards

viggen