UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Changing Forum Titles

You may have noticed a change to a forum title every now and then... most recently being 'The Graveyard' to the more appropriate 'Elysium' and 'The After Hours Lounge' to Hora Postilla Thermae.

Let me know what you think on these changes and on ideas for other existing categories. I find reading Latin far easier than writing it, so feel free to correct my grammar.

Basically I just thought it gives a better impression of the overall community.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it.

Maybe "suggestion and feedback" can become "comitia" or some such ... something to express the idea of an assembly.

While we're at it, you need to change my title of "enforcer" to something suitably Roman. Praetorian .. Vigiles ... Lictor? I'm open to suggestions.

I like the changes very much as well, we're becoming more romanised every day ;)

I don't know if i'm imagining things, but it seems that those that were of member and then plebeian status have become slaves! What's going on there?

Edited by Tobias

I don't know if i'm imagining things, but it seems that those that were of member and then plebeian status have become slaves! What's going on there?

Quoting myself from another thread...

That was Viggen playing around. He made all Plebeians 'slaves' until they have 10 posts. Unfortunately, it reverted everyone, even if they already have the required post count. It's our theory that as soon as any of the former plebes make another post they will be immediately freed from their temporary servitude.

I like it.

Maybe "suggestion and feedback" can become "comitia" or some such ... something to express the idea of an assembly.

While we're at it, you need to change my title of "enforcer" to something suitably Roman. Praetorian .. Vigiles ... Lictor? I'm open to suggestions.

How about Consilium Comitia... essentially the assembly to deliberate and make suggestions? again please feel free to correct my grammar.

I like Ursus to be Praetor Urbanus... not sure why, just like the sound of it.

From now on, the hidden Administrative forums on this site should be written in Greek.

Believe me, for as much attention as it gets... it might as well be written in Greek. We do most of our 'administering' via MSN. ;)

[How about Consilium Comitia... essentially the assembly to deliberate and make suggestions? again please feel free to correct my grammar.

I like Ursus to be Praetor Urbanus... not sure why, just like the sound of it.

I like both of your suggestions.

As far as the ill used mod forum, it could be "consistorium" or "comites" ... heh.

I like it too, but some devout Christians might reasonably object to discussing Christianity in a Temple to Jupiter. ;) I guess we'll see.

I'm not sure I ever liked having a separate folder for ethics and morality. That was a concession to You-Know-Who where we had to defend Roman civilization from someone who regarded it his duty in life to slander it.

I'm on an editing binge, just let me know what you like and dont like.

I don't like the fact I'm not a Patrician, you can feel free to change that too. ;)

I'm not sure I ever liked having a separate folder for ethics and morality. That was a concession to You-Know-Who where we had to defend Roman civilization from someone who regarded it his duty in life to slander it.

I agree. The first thread seems to be too much of a catchall though. I wonder if we could somehow find a way to split it in two.

Edited by Favonius Cornelius

I'm not sure if I fell out of favor of the imperator, but it doesn't irk me that I have become part of the " slave usergroup."

For some reason now, I can't post. Well I can see my posts, but it takes like 2 hours for my posts to appear. I don't know whats wrong.

Edited by FLavius Valerius Constantinus