UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

How Many Languages Do You Know

You must understand some of that 'dialect' of Afrikaans called Dutch I'd guess.

Ek denk ek kan die nederlandse taal baie goid verstaan... or something like that, i never learned to write afrikaans, i only spoke it... :)

cheers

viggen

I'm largely uneducated in languages having taken 5 years of French (which I never liked) in elementary school, then a year of spanish (couldn't trill -R's) then I didn't take a language the next year so I forgot most of my spanish I had learned, and then wound up in Latin this year which I absolutely love with all my heart. I'd love to learn anceint greek when and if I ever get around to it but all in all I'm not a linguistics type person.

At least I have a very extensive comand of english.

English ,Italian to a fair standard and lousy French.

Though in England about a couple of dozen mutually exclusive variants are spoken depending on age, location and social class, some would be considered a declaration of war if spoken at the wrong time. :2guns:

Edited by Pertinax

So how many languages do you know?

Italian is my first language.

Languages I pretend to speak: English, French, Spanish.

Oh, and just a bit of Latin. There are other ancient and modern languages I'm studying but I'm not going to claim I can speak/write them, since I can't.

Also, if you had a chance, what languages would you want to take?

The list is endless, at the moment I'd rather focus on the ones I'm learning.

Though in England about a couple of dozen mutually exclusive variants are spoken depending on age, location and social class, some would be considered a declaration of war if spoken at the wrong time.

Indeed. I assimilated one of those variants for some reason lol but it's close to RP so I guess it's not that bad (well, I hope..=)).

Edited by Silentium