UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

FAQ For Unrv

Salvete,

Where do I find a list of frequently asked questions (FAQ) about this website, especially for the forum? For example, what is the system of social mobility the website forum employs. I started as a slave. How many levels are there?

Edited by Ludovicus

I don't know about Triumvers but I think its a mighty fine idea :)

I'm sure we can come up with something... so umm what questions are actually the most frequently asked...

Oh I know, who would win Caesar or Ulysses S. Grant? :)B):D

Seriously I guess the standards, what does unrv represent, etc. could be there. Feel free to give suggestions.

As well as the basic forum questions (you know, the "I forgot my password", the "I can't log in"...the technical stuff...it might be more important on a forum like this because it is so evolved...with so many features that aren't on most forums and many may not know how to use them)

Yes, you are certainly right Lost Warrior. Though, many features that are a smidge more complicated are only able to be used by us equestrians and up, and at that point one has probley gotten used to this site. And when you are promoted, the Triumvirate graciously offers to answer your questions.

Though I most certainly agree with the general principal, I'll post ideas as they come to me.

Participating many years in online forums showed me one thing; people just dont read FAQs, Announcements, pinned posts by Admins etc...

IMO it is a waste of time and space, people that are genuine interested in solving a problem will come up with a way (reading MyControl Panel that every member has for example), contacting an Admin/Mod or as Ludovicus did just asked in the forum...

What we can do is make a thread here called FAQ and put in the most asked questions and if someone asked we just guide him to that topic...

cheers

viggen

Participating many years in online forums showed me one thing; people just dont read FAQs, Announcements, pinned posts by Admins etc...

I Agree. These things are all well and good occassionally for the first few weeks or months, but eventually it just falls into disuse. There is plenty of opportunity here in the site for people to work out their problems (isn't that what the Consilium Comitia is for?).