UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Online English-latin Translator?

MC9118

Sorry, but you won't find any. Latin is too much of a complicated language and so you can't really create a program to translate whole sentences. You can, but there are some many flaws in the Latin language that computers can't compute like us when it comes to those complications. Plus, if someone ever tried making a program, they will fail out of frustration and laziness.

Edited by FLavius Valerius Constantinus

Sorry, I'm suspicious about it. When you said you wanted to translate a paragraph, most people don't ask to translate a whole paragraph do they. :D Got me thinking a little.

BTW, if do ever find a site, don't trust them because I seen what happens when people get the wrong words put on their tattoos.

Edited by FLavius Valerius Constantinus

^Haha

No it's cool no big deal. I have just been interested in a little Latin poetry, after my Latin teacher had us read a Latin poem in class. I just wanted to know the translation of the poems to make sure that my interpretations were correct. I was looking at this site:

http://suberic.net/~marc/latinpoetry.html#singula

Edited by MC9118