UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Mick Jagger

Virgil61

I just don't know why the Superbowl business ppl were so stupid enough to put him at halftime. I mean really, the majority of my age didn't know who he was and don't really give a care.

How soon we forget.

Listen to some of their stuff from the late '60s and '70s, some of the greatest rock music ever made. Try any of these albums--Beggars Banquet, Let it Bleed, Sticky Fingers, Exile on Main Street or Some Girls-- and you'll see what I mean.

People always seem to think that the music of their generation was the greatest music ever. At the risk of sacrilege, I think the Beatles and Rolling Stones were talented and slightly novel at first, but their stuff seems awfully repetitive and boring to me. That whole stanza-chorus-stanza-chorus structure gets so old so fast--kind of like Keith Richards I guess. B)

People always seem to think that the music of their generation was the greatest music ever. At the risk of sacrilege, I think the Beatles and Rolling Stones were talented and slightly novel at first, but their stuff seems awfully repetitive and boring to me. That whole stanza-chorus-stanza-chorus structure gets so old so fast--kind of like Keith Richards I guess. :)

I have over 2500 cds and albums of almost every genre from classical to jazz to punk rock and reggae. I don't think I've been guilty of liking only the music from my youth. Having said that the Stones aren't quite my generation as I was three years old when their first album came out--I'm at that cusp where I'm just behind the baby-boomers and not quite a part of Gen X. I like the Stones because I think they were very good in their prime. Frankly, although I like bands like Wilco and Drive-by Truckers, I don't think that music is generally at the same level it was twenty years ago.

Edited by Virgil61

and Keith Richards looked like death-warmed-over

Give Keith a break - I bet you would not look so good after 40 years of systematic substance abuse, by rights, he should be dead by now !