UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Byzantium Total War

Honorius

hey guys

as im an avid total war fan i stumbled across this cool mod in the making... but i decided to post here because on the site there are a wide array of good pics of the Byzantines and their enemies and mercenaries

http://s15.invisionfree.com/Byzantium_TW/i...hp?showtopic=64

^there it is

Edited by Honorius

hey guys

as im an avid total war fan i stumbled across this cool mod in the making... but i decided to post here because on the site there are a wide array of good pics of the Byzantines and their enemies and mercenaries

^there it is

Thanks, I've joined it. Mind you, I have no idea what a cool mod is, or any kind of mod. I expect I'll learn

hey guys

^there it is

Thanks, I've joined it. Mind you, I have no idea what a cool mod is, or any kind of mod. I expect I'll learn

it looks very good and i think they are gonna release their first version soon

Let's hope they are more historical than all for the flashy types of units and things you see in Osprey books...

I am a developer for Rome Total Realism and a Researcher for the Imperia Romana mod, (which is the realism mod for BI)... we tend to shy from the wonderful world of Osprey cause usually the authors of those books have no idea what they are talking about or take wild stabs at colors...

I am very much into ancient clothing, infact I'm doing a module on ancient dress and identity at uni!

Last week we went to the British Museum with uni to put on a reconstruction of ancient clothing and dressed up in outfits made using anceint techniques, I was a Minoan Snake Queen, my freind was Helen of Troy - some of the outfits featured have been used on BBC documentaries! I get to work with some academics who are experts in their fields! :)

Edited by Aphrodite

• 2 weeks later...
I'm confused. What's this thread about? Is this a sequal to the computer game "Rome: Total War?"

its a mod .... its not a sequel to the game but is made by ordinary people....a mod is made to improve the game

this thread wasnt used to advertise the mod but to show the wide range of stunning pictures they had on the site..

Byzantium looks great. Neos.. Rome Total Realism is a piece of art. A wonderful creation in gaming.

I personally liked 5.4 the best. Maybe another mod could be designed that starts with the immigration and assimilation from the races from Ice Age through Imperial Rome? Showing the Barbarian invasions and the conquesting of the developing Cities? Show the real struggles, from farming , animal husbandry , tool building etc, that those who lived those times had to under take in the Progress of Human Adventure?

Anyhow ; It would be nice to see improvement made in the existing game without losing it's present time frame.

A great piece of art deserves a long live.

regards,

Let's hope they are more historical than all for the flashy types of units and things you see in Osprey books...

I am a developer for Rome Total Realism and a Researcher for the Imperia Romana mod, (which is the realism mod for BI)... we tend to shy from the wonderful world of Osprey cause usually the authors of those books have no idea what they are talking about or take wild stabs at colors...

Neos D who would you seek out as a source for textiles/colour/ general appearence?

The Mod looks great, and I also hear that the Byzantines will be available to play in the new Total war game, Medieval:2.

As for the odd colours and designs in Osprey, I have been thinking about the same thing myself. The designs in the Roman books themselves aren't that bad (I recently got the Roman Cavalryman book) but the Samurai armours looked far too impractical too be worn on the battlefield. They might have worked for military parades but I don't see how they could have moved effectively in those suits while they were fighting

Edited by DecimusCaesar

• 2 weeks later...
Exactly. Need I remind you guy, Rome Total War was based on Decisive Battles a while back. So to sy Byzantium Total War will oust it, is hard to believe.

If your talking about the vanilla RTW (the normal game fresh out the box)its a load of crap! unrealsitic unit skins,unrealistc units!and whats all that Red,Green,Blue nonsense?

The saving grace of this game is the RTR MOD,after playing the 5.o MOD i've never looked back and i cant wait for the release of the 7.0 edition(rubs hands and pulls a funny face).The modders at the RTR site really should be commended for there fine efforts at turning this game from a mediocre one to a truly great one!these fine people work there arses off for no money to make this game more realistic and a lot more fun to play.

Why dont you download it? it doesnt cost anything,give it a try and see which version you prefer.

RomeTotalRealsim.

I allso find its better if you turn off the stupid green arrows and the flags in the battle games,they really get on my nerves.

Rome Total War was based on Decisive Battles

No it isnt,Decisive Battles was made for the BBC a couple of years ago and that programme used the engine what RTW then used,similarity endus.