UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Apology Of The Crusades

Philhellene

No, noooo, noooo. You just don't understand. It's somehow correct to assume the pride of accomplishents and the guilt of crimes of others that can somehow be associated with you...

You see, if the cyborgs were good then you can totally make a claim on that, but if someone you don't like had bad cyborg descendants you have every right to hold it against them. In fact, they should apologize to you.

Oh yeah, i forgot to mention that apologizing is good PR. That way you can twist associated guilt in your favor.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets work back shall we?

I apologize for being a (mostly) 'white' American Southerner whose ancestors & forbearers no doubt are guilty of some kind racism and who took up arms against my Northern brothers in the American Civil War.

I apologize for my ancestor William Whipple who signed the Declaration of Independence and helped Great Britain loose all this American territory and taxes.

I apologize for being part Native American whose ancestors & forbearers no doubt made life difficult for the settlers & their neighbors.

I apologize for being part Anglo-Saxon whose ancestors & forbearers no doubt made life difficult for some Celts & some Picts on the British Isles and who no doubt killed some Arabs during the Crusades

I apologize for being part Irish whose ancestors & forbearers no doubt raided their neighbors in Albion and kidnapped St. Patrick

I apologize for being the descendent of a Cro-Magnon who no doubt affected the demise of the Neanderthals & killed a lot of Mastodons too :P

Ok, that should take care of a lot of it ;)

Oh, and one of you Neolithic Farmers better start apologizing for taking a hunter-gatherer's lively hood away! :unsure:

Im glad you got that guilt out into the open.Im not sure anyone actually noticed St Patrick had been stolen for a long time .

And another thing "good cyborgs " are pointless- I mean what is the point of having enhanced laser-vision and being able to carry an aircraft standard gattling cannon if not to run around in designer shades blasting stuff?

Lets work back shall we?

I apologize for being a (mostly) 'white' American Southerner whose ancestors & forbearers no doubt are guilty of some kind racism and who took up arms against my Northern brothers in the American Civil War.

I apologize for my ancestor William Whipple who signed the Declaration of Independence and helped Great Britain loose all this American territory and taxes.

I apologize for being part Native American whose ancestors & forbearers no doubt made life difficult for the settlers & their neighbors.

I apologize for being part Anglo-Saxon whose ancestors & forbearers no doubt made life difficult for some Celts & some Picts on the British Isles and who no doubt killed some Arabs during the Crusades

I apologize for being part Irish whose ancestors & forbearers no doubt raided their neighbors in Albion and kidnapped St. Patrick

I apologize for being the descendent of a Cro-Magnon who no doubt affected the demise of the Neanderthals & killed a lot of Mastodons too :P

Ok, that should take care of a lot of it ;)

Oh, and one of you Neolithic Farmers better start apologizing for taking a hunter-gatherer's lively hood away! :unsure:

I refuse to accept your apologies because I don't believe you are sincere, especially the part about the Mastodons. I mean if there's anything that all people can agree on its that those woolly bastards had it coming.

And another thing "good cyborgs " are pointless- I mean what is the point of having enhanced laser-vision and being able to carry an aircraft standard gattling cannon if not to run around in designer shades blasting stuff?

That's because they would be blasting the Martians, who are bad, relatively speaking.

What if it was all for pruning trees?

I refuse to accept your apologies because I don't believe you are sincere, especially the part about the Mastodons. I mean if there's anything that all people can agree on its that those woolly bastards had it coming.

They had to eat didn't they... :unsure:

That's because they would be blasting the Martians, who are bad, relatively speaking.

I demure to your ruthless logic.

Mastodons-what are they good for? absolutely nothing! Say it again.

Wait a minute , no-one is taking this seriously -you are all using post-modernist irony!

Edited by Pertinax

That's quite the stereotype there. You should apologize to Martians.

I would also like to retract my previous statement about Mastodons and apologize for calling them bastards. I have no idea what sort of mating/heredity rituals they practiced.

Hmm, after a few minutes to reflect on my harsh tone against Mastodons, in addition to apologizing for calling them bastards, should I also apologize for calling them woolly? Should I have said hair-enhanced or smoothness-challenged or something to that effect?

Follicularly exuberant would be acceptable.