UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Rome: Total War

longbow

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I downloaded the TFT mod but i cant install the bloody thing :D LOL,the readme says to unzip the beta files into the RTR main folder.problem is,i cant find the RTR main folder :) just some exec files etc...no main folder.LOL im gonna wait till the 6.o realism MOD comes out,it looks awesome.

L

I must of messed up somewere :D the game doesnt start up now,looks like a re-install :)

Longbow,

Sorry to hear about your troubles,

Go scroll down to the TFT sub-forum here (you will need to lojgin/create an account first:

http://www.rometotalrealism.com/phpbb2/index.php

If you cannot find a topic discussing installation problems in the TFT sub-forum feel free to create one.

i figured out what i did wrong :) (i unzipped the file in the wrong place).I did a re-install/MOD and have now started a new campaign,Im going to try it with Carthage.

L

P.S i forgot to log out this afternoon :D:D .

• 4 weeks later...

I downloaded it last night. The amount of work these guys have done on a project such as this (without monetary reward) is quite amazing. I started as Rome (of course) and promptly whipped Pyrrhus out of Italy :lol:, but that's about it so far.

I would suggest that anyone who gives a damn go to Rome Total Realism and check out a google ad or two.

Yeah,its the best realism MOD yet :huh:

Its a lot harder than the 5.4 version, it took me ages just to get control of Italia! and the rebels in 5.4 were a pushover,in this one they kick your ass :lol:

The only games I've ever downloaded patches on are Command & Conquer games. If I download these mods, will I still have the option of playing it old style as the software company designed it too be? Also, what's so great about these expanded maps? I heard someone talk about more cities, is it more cities per territory? How much farther out do the maps expand? Is it towards India into the Sudan regions, or is it just a little bit further out? Also, any mods for naval forces?

If I download these mods, will I still have the option of playing it old style as the software company designed it too be?

You will if you install the 5.4 MOD,but the 6.o takes you straight to the Campaign game (realism MOD)

How much farther out do the maps expand?

01294hy.th.jpg

Also, any mods for naval forces?

I havent noticed any thing

1st Download the MOD and the official 1.2 patch

2nd uninstall the Game and all folders

3rd install the Game and 1.2 patch

4th play the Tutorial mode then close the game.

5th Install the MOD

6th go to "all programmes" and open the Activision folder,open the "preferences text document" and scrool down to "first time play=true" delete the "true" part and add "false".When you close the window it will ask you if yo want to save changes,click yes.

Now you ready to rock n roll.