World Cup 2006

OH YEAH! Argentina vs. Germany!

With Jose +10 commercials.

And Ballack against Riquelme.

Elation and sorrow.

FIFA 2006!!!

----

GERMANY are semi-finalists!

What a game! I pity whoever did not watch that game.

UNBELIEVABLE!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brazil is out! Wow...there went my pick...I expected them to go all the way, as many did, I'm sure. I only saw the last 5 minutes of the match, but it sounds like it was an evenly-contested match.

As for England-Portugal...what was Rooney thinking? Anyway, any time it comes down to PKs, my heart goes out for the team that loses...it seems like such an unfair way to lose. C'est la vie, I guess.

Vive la France...

oh no, France was waaay better, and they deserved to win, Brazil was sluggish like the whole tournament, and it was just a matter of time till they drop out once they face a real competitor...

Zidane made an incredible game, he stole every single brazilian the show and was the man of the match....

England loosing in a penalty shoot out, well nothing new there... (sorry to say)

It should be Italy vs. France, but Germany playing at home it could be Germany vs. France (sorrry Portugal, but there is no way you gonna pass France in its current form)....

Brazil were lousy , well done France. England were a reflection of Svens personality-not present.

Oh well I am making an upset here, don't laugh, France beats Brazil. Hey it happened in '98 and if we know anything from history a top notch French team beats a to notch Brazil team.

I won't gloat or brag here. I'll just use one of these: :)

Anyways, the Brazilian team did not have any sense of urgency. I thought once France scored they would be hungry for a goal. They just waited for one person to pick up the slack and put it in the back of the net, and that's not Brazil. When France is on fire look out, because nobody does it better than them. C'est super match au foot!

It's a shame England did not win. They had oppurtunities, but what bothers me is their terrible goaltender. Aside from the save towards the end of regulation, he was terrible. At penalty kicks he could not do a thing. Ricardo on the other hand, just kept saving them.

Portugal will fall, they are selfish, especially around the box. Give credit to their coach, before they were just the country next to Spain. Now they are a power house who England cannot just get by. :P

England were a reflection of Svens personality-not present.

Ouch...did I hear right that he's resigning as England's coach?

Think of it this way...at least England showed up during the tourney. More than I can say for us Yanks. :)

Viva l'Italia!!!

Portugal showed a lot of stubberness in this World Cup, so they could be a serious trouble for France, that played great the last two games, but I dont know if they can keep it.

Italia vs. Germany will be a great game... ;) ...at least a great fight :sniper:

Well, just returned from Germany, I watched the Argentina match in Berlin, and was extremely disappointed and angry, I felt like jumping on the field afterwards, and joining the skirmish that went on between the players and coaches after the game. The problem was, I was sitting in the 38th row. ;)

Anyways my heart is with Argentina, and from the teams that are left, I'm supporting Portugal, they have the best coach, best goalkeeper, and a great playmaker in Deco.

Edited by tflex

I understand that you were disappointed, but I don't undrestand why you were angry!

Argentina had bad luck, but also not a bright gameplan. Making changes to streinghten the defense at 1-0 was not good because after the german goal there was little they could do.

I was just angry they lost their goalkeeper, angry for the non-call on a foul that should have resulted in a penalty kick for Argentina, I was angry they lost on penalty shots without their starting goalkeeper, angry they played better than the Germans, but were eliminated anyway. I was also angry about the coaches moves leaving Messi on the bench.

Emotions were high, I was surrounded by Argentinian fans who were sreaming there was cheating by the referee, and I got caught up in the heat ofr the moment. But, looking back on the match it wasn't the referee's fault they lost, not even the Germans. As you said they decided to go into a defensive mode against a very dangerous and physical team, that loves to score the last 10 mins of a game.

Well, Italy are the first finalists for the 2006 World Cup. Congragulations to Italy, and shame on Germany. They wanted to take this to penalty shootouts and played poorly. Also the first goal in overtime could have been avoided. Had the four standing Germans, contested the guy who freely passed it through a large gap, converged on him...we could be talking about a whole new game.

Either way, the Italians and Germans will declare nuclear warfare on their own cities. The host nation is ousted and for that I am sad. Oh well, you must remain impartial in these situations. I loved seeing Del Piero out there, I used to love to play FIFA 2000 because of him. :rolleyes:

Yeah, Italy made it just, 2 more minutes and Italy would have been doomed :rolleyes: (Germany never lost a penalty shoot out at the world Cup (4/4) and Italy never has won won (3/3) lol

The most amazing part are the fans, in Berlin 1 Million fans gathered in the city, and tens of thausands in each town across germany, the so called fan miles that were made in each town are incredible and something never be seen before...

(dont cry Germany, France will kick the Italians butt) :D (or maybe not, i dont really care, all i want is three more nervewrecking games and in 2 years the European Championships are in Austria (one stadium is just a 40 minutes drive away from were i live)

Two more minutes!!

I'am sorry for the german fans that were surprising, but the italians played better. Typically italian to start slow the World Cup and end with an amazing game! They have the best chance, but I wish that Portugal will win the cup, or at least beats the french and revenge their brazilian cousins (or suns).

Anyway the fact that the german hosts are out will mean that we will not see the kind of cheating refeeres that were in France and South Correa.

If Brazil and Argentina would play in the european cup it will be the best competition. Even now I like it more then the World Cup.

Seriously, one of the best matches I've ever seen.

Optimal game would be Italy v. Portugal; that way, should Italy win, I'll be quite happy, but if Portual should win, then I'd be happy for them. Zidane can play for third place :rolleyes:

Ok, now we need all predictions by tommorrow. France vs. Itlay. Put in your thoughts.

As for me now I'm recalling an event when Italy played France. Italy scored first. Everyone thought it was over as it headed to stoppage time, and then France scored. They went to extra time and France won it there.

So France wins.