UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Honorius

Please Translate

hey guys

i was just wondering if you guys could translate "guardians of the empire" into Latin or Ancient Greek

thanks in advance ^^

Edited by Honorius

hey guys

i was just wondering if you guys could translate "guardians of the empire" into Latin or Ancient Greek

thanks in advance ^^

Defensores Imperii (on the defensive side), Propugnatores Imperii (a bit more aggressive). There is also a word Tutores, but I think of that as someone who protects or guards a person rather than an empire.

There wasn't really a distinction in ancient Greek between 'kingdom' and 'empire'. How about Phylakes tes basileias (Φυλακες της βασιλειας), meaning roughly Guardians of the realm?

hey guys

thanks in advance ^^

Defensores Imperii (on the defensive side), Propugnatores Imperii (a bit more aggressive). There is also a word Tutores, but I think of that as someone who protects or guards a person rather than an empire.

There wasn't really a distinction in ancient Greek between 'kingdom' and 'empire'. How about Phylakes tes basileias (Φυλακες της βασιλειας), meaning roughly Guardians of the realm?

thanks heaps mate...i think i will use the Greek translation..thanks again

I don't know what you mean exactly with "guardian", but I would say "Custodes Imperii"..a more comprehensive term, semantically speaking (in my opinion).

I don't know what you mean exactly with "guardian", but I would say "Custodes Imperii"..a more comprehensive term, semantically speaking (in my opinion).

I agree. Custodes is the best word in this case i think ^^