UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Wine

It has come to my attention that the jive venacular "Mofo" (i.e Mother F***er) may throw some people off and send them to odd food markets looking for a type of garlic that does not exist. :D

Please use any garlic you wish provided that it is a lot. :lol:

Edited by Pantagathus

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has come to my attention that the jive venacular "Mofo" (i.e Mother F***er) may throw some people off and send them to odd food markets looking for a type of garlic that does not exist. :D

Elephant garlic works great here, since the cloves are large, but it's not so powerful that it'll kill Dracula from 10 miles out. But they're big as a mofo.

You might like to click on this site. I promised NOT to give Pertinax credit for this, so please don't tell him that I lied. -_- Culinary Cafe

The proper Roman wines to use with each item will be gladly supplied. :)

Edited by Gaius Octavius

• 1 month later...
If you get a copy of "Empire of Pleasures" by AD you will find comprehensive information

Grappa is my espresso additive of choice. :P

Did you know that grappa was made from ground up diseased old toe nails? :(

I first tasted that bilge when the immigrant father of a girl I was dating wanted to know my intentions!

The old man poured me a beaker of that rot gut - neat - no stinking admixture. Chug-a-lugged it. Went over the lips and through the gums and burned every part of my body and didn't forget the animus.

Will exaggerate the story on my blog one day.

Edited by Gaius Octavius

Speaking of wine, did the Romans discover The Food of The Gods - Macaroni? :huh:

Pantagathus (You rebel), Pertinax and Dr. Dalby (and any others) are all y'all paying attention? :(

If so, what kind of wine (not to be :P ) did they pollute themselves with?

Speaking of wine, did the Romans discover The Food of The Gods - Macaroni? :P

I was under the impression that one of the many 'treasures' that Marco Polo brought back with him from his journeys to the Far East was the concept of pasta. Of course, that being a folktale, who knows the accurate truth to that.

Women! :( It figures! I ask a simple uncrafted question for my edification, and I get a retort full of craft. :angry:

That was chop suey he brought back! :P

Get an A/C! :lol:

:huh:

To your chop suey, I say ptooey! (Besides, out here we call it chow mein or lo mein...)

No need for A/C...it's now down to 76'!! The fog is back, baby! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

To your chop suey, I say ptooey! (Besides, out here we call it chow mein or lo mein...)

Now that figures. Just can't leave good enough alone.

No need for A/C...it's now down to 76'!! The fog is back, baby! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Yes, and that is perfectly clear.

:ph34r:

Speaking of wine, did the Romans discover The Food of The Gods - Macaroni? :(

Pantagathus (You rebel), Pertinax and Dr. Dalby (and any others) are all y'all paying attention? :ph34r:

"The origin of macaroni lies not with the Etruscans, Greeks, Romans, or Chinese, but apparently with the Arabs. The earliest evidence of a true macaroni occurs at the juncture of medieval Sicilian, Italian, and Arab cultures"

Speaking of wine, did the Romans discover The Food of The Gods - Macaroni? :huh:

Pantagathus (You rebel), Pertinax and Dr. Dalby (and any others) are all y'all paying attention? :ph34r:

"The origin of macaroni lies not with the Etruscans, Greeks, Romans, or Chinese, but apparently with the Arabs. The earliest evidence of a true macaroni occurs at the juncture of medieval Sicilian, Italian, and Arab cultures"

SLANDER, LIES, CALUMNY, LIBEL, MENDACITY, PERNICIOUS UNTRUTH, DISSIMULATION, FOUL RUMOR MONGERING!!! GRRRR! :angry::angry: Do you hear me down there in the boondocks? And you an Eyetalian! Shame! Shame! :bag: Where is your proof? What acceptable sources can you cite?

Those people eat cous-cous, tabbouleh, baba ganoij! When was the last time you had spaghetti in an ARab restaurant? :( :2guns: :punk: :1eye:

:ph34r:

SLANDER, LIES, CALUMNY, LIBEL, MENDACITY, PERNICIOUS UNTRUTH, DISSIMULATION, FOUL RUMOR MONGERING!!! GRRRR! :(:ph34r: Do you hear me down there in the boondocks? And you an Eyetalian! Shame! Shame! :bag: Where is your proof? What acceptable sources can you cite?

Those people eat cous-cous, tabbouleh, baba ganoij! When was the last time you had spaghetti in an ARab restaurant? :ph34r: :2guns: :punk: :1eye:

I cite chef Mario Batali...who, as I first read this reply of Mr. P's, said the exact same thing on his "Molto Mario" show. C'mon, they already had cous cous...it's not much of a jump...same wheat (I believe), just a different process. Enough of the temper tantrum :angry: