UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Wine

P.P., although Lon Gisland is trying to get into the wine racket with some expensive sand cultured grapes, the Finger Lakes region remains the wine growing capital of NY. Their viticulture produces such important wines as Manichevitz and Cold Duck. It has also come to my attention that CA puts a fine aged Two Buck Chuck into the mix.

How could I forget the inimitable, long lamented Virginia Dare favored by the down trodden. Produced from the back yard vines of Brookfordshiresexinton in the Heart of America.

:D

Edited by Gaius Octavius

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doll, all your eruidition to the contrary not withstanding, you could never defend your amusing musings in a Sicilian or Neapolitan court. :unsure: And you can take that to the bank! :angry: With the weather you are having out there in la-la land, I understand all yet I'll bet that you would spring for a bucket of bucks for a NEAPOLITAN GELATO!

Get a map; get an A/C; get a Neapolitan sfoigliatelle and a Sicilian canoli. Wash them down with Lachryma Christi and then sit back and watch the grass grow with a beaker of Cynar on ice. :ph34r:

Now, as to the 'female' problem. It stems from a mutant gene shared by all women. This results in unintelligible babble; illogic and the female of the species is more deadly than the male! I commend silence and obedience to them. :bag: :D :wub:

Dude, it seems to me that you are suffering a common maladity of all older males: crochettiness. In this case, it is compounded by a singular case of Noo Yawkah single-mindedness. It's amazing how similar this is to a similar psychological flaw of those in Texass. You can "commend" all you want...I shall have none of it. None of it, I tells ya! :P

I wish to offer a soothing balm to all this gender related japesomeness. Here is my cocktail recipe for an improved Bison Grass Martini.

Indeed I name it the "Pertimaxus" :D

1 measure of Bison Grass Vodka (or Navy strength Plymouth gin)

http://www.bisonbrandvodka.net/

http://www.plymouthgin.com/

2 measures extra dry martini or Neuilly Prat (my preference)

1 measure Duchy original Ginger Tonic (2 if you are a rough tough sea dog sort of person)

Ice and Tonic Water to taste...not diet tonic :P

Drink two of same in good company and all perplexities will be resolved.

Anything with tonic water makes me and my liver happy. Oh, and officially 'diet' any mixer doesn't exist! I refuse to accept it!

This is good , as the liver is the seat of the soul.So I am told.

My Lord: :notworthy:

Remember what bison do on the bison grass. In addition to the solution of all perplexities, it may very easily lead to a condition known as intra cranial feculosis. May I take leave to make so bold as to suggest to Your Grace that you substitute Pure Pennsyltucky White Lightening for that other rotgut. If you must dilute and pollute said libation - one, only one, (mind you), ice cube is called for. One tumbler of these corn squeezings will bring about desired result or oblivion or a grand brawl.

In proper establishments here in the Colonies, the mere association of the word 'Martini' with those other ingredients you make reference to would have you hauled before the high magistrates and ultimately flogged.

Pertimaxus! It does have a certain cache about it. Original. The beings in Kali4kneeya will take to it as soon as DOLL spreads the good news. Patent it. One can hear the unruly masses calling for: "A Pertimaxus and pineapple pepperoni pizza".

I remain Your Grace's most unworthy servant, :notworthy:

Basil

:bag:

Edited by Gaius Octavius

Pertimaxus! It does have a certain cache about it. Original. The beings in Kali4kneeya will take to it as soon as DOLL spreads the good news. Patent it. One can hear the unruly masses calling for: "A Pertimaxus and pineapple pepperoni pizza".

I'll get right on that :rolleyes:

Notice please , Gaius of brooklynsaxmundhame, that Neuilly Prat is the Vermouth I suggest not the louche "martini"

Tell me citizens , should it be Pertimaxus or Pertimaximus? What is more pleasing to your educated ear?

"Pertimaximus" almost sounds like Russell Crowe should be involved in it....

That suffices for me to revert to Pertimaxus.

My Lord: :notworthy:

1. Louche? Where do you dig or make them up from? <_<

2. My four votes were going to go for Pertimaxus; and a tribunician veto, if necessary, had the Domina not taken over this Devil's machine. I am thrilled that you left it as it was. Perfect is perfect, no need to fool around. Too many syllables for the Colonists, especially when inebriated. :1eye:

3. Now, Your Grace, let us do a little work on the concoction. Along with the other junk, let us assume that you throw in some Planter's Punch. :blink:

4. The scenario: A pert Malibu Barby in a super mini skirt, that if it were any shorter would be a bow tie, enters a Pacific watering hole and orders: "A Perfect Patented Pertimaxus' Planter's Punch and a piece of Paulie's pungent pineapple pepperoni pizza on a paper plate." :rolleyes:

5. Of course, I expect my usual 10% of the take. :angry:

Don Tomasso - of where?

:ph34r:

Edited by Gaius Octavius

aha-I have the very video in which a Pertimaxus would be de-rigeur!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MboyUrh5qKw

aha-I have the very video in which a Pertimaxus would be de-rigeur!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MboyUrh5qKw

Ain't it the truth...although the person who posted/furnished the video couldn't even spell the song title right! "Wrap It Up" :whistling:

Oh what the T-Birds could have been if only Jimmy had felt the need to leave. (RIP SRV)