UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
P.Clodius

The Parthians Are At It Again!

As far as I am aware the suspects are of Pakistani origin - no connection with ancient or modern Parthia.

Phil

I thought they were home grown England citizens. That might make them Britannian rabble instead. I'd actually expect such behavior from that wayward provincia... ;)

Thank you Scotland Yard.

This bears repeating again...and again...and again.

With their huge passenger cargos and enormous volume of super-combustible fuel, modern aircraft are terrorists' favorite target. If only air taxis could be made economical, we could deprive the terrorists of a real weapon of mass destruction and make our air travel much more pleasant to boot. Anyone know if there's an end in sight to the air buses of today?

MPC: You can look forward to super 747's. Probably will be littered with bowling alleys.

It seems that this little bit was known for a year and a half. Why didn't the powers that be stop people from 'carrying' on tooth paste earlier? Or nabbing these terrorists earlier? Could it be that elections are at bat? Or a diversion is needed now?

Just be sure not to let the talking heads on the television define your ideas about the incident. :ph34r: Seems a little suspicious to me...

You mean, suspicious as in there is an attack right when Israel is waging a new war and there is an election for the control of congress in a few months? ;)

A new big threat would play into the hands of certain individuals I suppose...

Look at the other things in the news...

The giant mess in the Middle East. Considerable evidence that the 9/11 attacks succeeded at the very least due to horrendous incompetence by U.S. authority, some people imply that the U.S. government allowed or even had a hand in it. The U.S. economy is starting to suck.

Time to build morale? Remember Miami in June? Bush and Blair are both on vacation?

(I sense that Ursus' clicker finger is twitching)

Whatever political conditions may or may not exist... many seem to be missing the fact that Islamic radicals have a fairly long standing tradition of trying to kill westerners. The list includes the July 05 murder of civilians in the London subway system.

This was a British intelligence victory and seemingly had little or nothing to do with US involvement. There are no major elections in the UK in the near future (at least that I am aware of) and I see no reason why British intelligence agents would care in the slightest about the US mid term elections which will have miniscule if any effect on Britain. Assuming that the government of the UK (and all the regular agents who are not dependent on political conditions to keep their jobs) would help invent an elaborate plot to kill Americans in order to somehow benefit their own position doesn't make any sense.

I understand that people dislike Bush, Cheney and the current US administration. While we obviously shouldn't be blind followers of some of the idiocy that comes out of that camp (nor should we the left either), we shouldn't be so jaded that we forget that there are real people who are quite willing to kill in the name of religion and plots large and small are probably being hatched quite regularly.

I tend to question everything I see in media now. Your points are totally valid, but the more history I read the more I'm disinclined to unquestioningly take things that are this important at face value.