UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Antiochus of Seleucia

Congratulations Mr. Dalby

Lately I've noticed the new addition to this site, where amazon books are advertised at the top of the page of each thread. Well, I happened to glance up and see the book of our very own Andrew Dalby!!! Congratulations!

lidfx5.png

hehe, those books are served by Amazon so we dont select them ourselves, we just give amazon the theme and they pick what to show...

btw, are you guys also thinking that those amazon ads are less intrusive then others as they are well ,relevant, or so i hope?

cheers

viggen

The ads don't bother me. They are not flashing in my face! As a matter of fact, they add a little colour to the page. Would one of the Tyrants put that emote with the constantly moving hammer farther down the list? Pleeze!

How does AoS do that? Take advantage of the urchin's talent!

btw, are you guys also thinking that those amazon ads are less intrusive then others as they are well ,relevant, or so i hope?

I admit to placing them under the rule of AdBlock ;)

hehe, those books are served by Amazon so we dont select them ourselves, we just give amazon the theme and they pick what to show...

cheers

viggen

I know they are randomly chosen by Amazon, and that's why it's so cool that his happened to be on there- out of all the possible books!

The ads don't bother me a bit, sometimes they even help by giving me ideas for future purchases.

I dont mind the ad's at all, like A of S says they are quite helpful in pointing you in the right direction for further reading. The fact that they are all history related too instead of just random books is also a good idea

I like the ads. They are actually relevant and :gasp!: useful.

I'm sick of seeing ads for RPG sites or etc on websites. Its about time some adverts started making sense ;)