UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

English Football Season

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't it an American who owns Man U? :whistling:

I thought it was Rupert Murdoch, the Aussie media emperor businessdude?

It's the family that owns the Tampa Bay Bucaneers that are the major shareholders at Man U, think they're called the Glaziers, think the head guy is Malcom Glazier??

Man U are going to CREAM Arsenal on Sunday....The league is already ours!

Oh, pardon me, Publius Clodius while I have a little chortle. :thumbsup:

As I'm new I will immediately set myself up as the butt of all your hatred, but like the grand lady whose title I have so shamefully usurped to join this Forum, I don't care! :P:)

I have been a Chelsea supporter for 37 years. As this makes me a loyal adherent before Roman was out of his nappies, I have no shame in admitting it. I am a season ticket holder, and as I'm a northern lass, you can imagine what money has been shelled out by me over the years...but there you have it, you have to follow your heart when it comes to football.

I am expecting the Premiership race to be a little closer this year, but still not as close as the pundits are predicting. I expect a third title, by which time, there won't be a single neutral out there who'll love us. It will make us have so much in common with Leeds!

Man U are going to CREAM Arsenal on Sunday....The league is already ours!

I am expecting the Premiership race to be a little closer this year, but still not as close as the pundits are predicting. I expect a third title, by which time, there won't be a single neutral out there who'll love us. It will make us have so much in common with Leeds!

Being an avid hater of Man U, i so much enjoy it when someone (mentioning no names :thumbsup: ) ends up with egg on thier face :D

Augusta, at this particular moment in time Chelsea have absolutely nothing in common with Leeds, you have billions in the bank....... we have pennys, you have a world class manager......... we have Kevin Blackwell, you have superstar players.........we have sunday league players, you get full houses........... we cant even give tickets away and to cap it all of we're already in a relegation battle at the bottom of the championship but i wouldn't change it for the world :):P :bag:

Ah, but, Paulinus - we have Ken Bates in common. The best of luck with him! :hammer:

(And it's nice to meet you)

Haha how could i have forgotten about dear old Santa Claus, :wheelchair:

He came in and saved the club from liquidation, so as far as i'm concerned he's in my good books...................... for now!

Oh and by the way it's very nice to meet you too ;)

It's a great day for Leeds United :thumbs_up:

Our cluless manager has bit the bullet :2guns: :giljotiini:

Kevin Blackwell is no more :rip:

Who's next i wonder, there's been a few names touted around already

Alan Curbishly........... :yes:

Glen Hoddle.............. :no2:

Dennis Wise.............. :unsure:

Claudio Ranieri.......... :thumbs_up:

Sven Goran Erikson...... :):wacko:

Edited by Gaius Paulinus Maximus

• 1 month later...

In the interest of English footie fans on these Fora, I am bumping this.

Today Chelsea 4, Watford 0. The second hat-trick of the season for the Drogs and Sheva is starting to fire on at least one of his cylinders. Look out Man U - you have started at a fast pace, but we are only just coming into form.

Paulinus - our esteemed Leeds fan - how are you feeling now you have Denis and Gus on board?

Sorry, guys - I have to do it. I fell in love in the 70s with three things: Roman history, Chelsea Football Club and David Bowie. To this very day, I remain steadfastly loyal to all three. :suprise:

I don`t have a favourite, but please dont let Chelsea win again the championship, i do not hate more then artificially built up teams with no soul but just money...

I won't buy Chelsea getting by Manchester United. As far as I know there is really only one team that has been so dominant throught the years and that's Man U. Liverpool plays Chelsea well, a classic rivalry, I would not be shocked if they pull a win off.

As always: Lets Go Arsenal!

I don`t have a favourite, but please dont let Chelsea win again the championship, i do not hate more then artificially built up teams with no soul but just money...

Shall I bite this old chestnut yet again....? No...no...Can't be bothered. :blink: Just mention a few names: John Terry, Joe Cole, Frank Lampard, Geremi, Carlo Cudicini, Wayne Bridge - and before last year: Eidur Gudjohnssen, Damien Duff, Scott Parker.....

Can't seem to remember Abramovich having much to do with artificially building up these guys - all of whom helped to win the Premiership in 2005 - Chelsea's first title in the top division for 50 years. And you would be a braver man than me, Viggen, if you accused John Terry of having no soul. He has been with the club since he was 14 years old.

Dammit! I've bitten after all :ph34r::D

I won't buy Chelsea getting by Manchester United. As far as I know there is really only one team that has been so dominant throught the years and that's Man U. Liverpool plays Chelsea well, a classic rivalry, I would not be shocked if they pull a win off.

As always: Lets Go Arsenal!

I have no complaint with your final comment, Ram! Arsenal (we lovingly refer to them as 'The Arse' ) are a truly superb team who play the best football in the Premiership when they are in form. Ihave nothing but respect for Arsenal.

Liverpool only play Chels well in Cup games; in fact, they play everyone well in Cup games - especially those that can be decided on penalties. We have creamed them in the Premiership for three seasons now. As for Man U, we meet on 26th November. Would you like a little bet? But you are right, they have a stronger team this year, but still lack strength in depth in their entire squad - and its is depth of squad that gets you through a premiership season. We will have overtaken them by Christmas. :angry: