UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Steve Irwin

Lost_Warrior

Real sad news. I always liked him and he certainly meant well, but he always seemed to push the danger envelope. I was impressed by how much of his own wealth he put back into conserving natural habitat. The man died doing what he loved which is more than most can say.

It's sad news. I remember watching his shows year's ago when I was still in school and talking about them next day with friends. It seems really strange and slightly ironic that he was killed in the end by a an animal that is not considered to be very dangerous after spending a lifetime handling some of the most dangerous animals on Earth.

he spent tons of money on buying large tracts of land as somebody already said... i dont think him jumping on crocs was because he wanted to be a star.. he had been doing it for an extremely long time before coming to fame anyway.

it is a sad day though.. i hope his daughter carries on his work oh welll...

he died doing what he liked best :)

Australian wildlife conservation has lost a great, great champion. Steve Irwin was a genuine, bona fide hero. I have seen few people in the world who have done so much for the animal world as Steve Irwin has.

To those who think he was a grandstander, who only jumped on crocs for publicity, i'd like to see you try and subdue a huge, powerful reptile such as a crocodile in any other way without causing it serious harm.

Rest in Peace Steve, and may your work be long continued and world acclaimed!

The news gets worse, however. Australia has lost it's second icon in two days; the King of the Mountain, Peter Brock. He died on a notorious stretch of road in a race, smashing into a tree.

He was renowned as one of the champions of Australian car racing, and a hero for Holden fans world wide. He has gained 3 ATCC titles, 9 "bathurst 1000" wins, many rally driving titles and countless other accolades. Luckily, his co-driver survived. But another Australian icon has been lost.

Ladies and Gentlemen, it is a sad time for Australia right now.

By the way, if Germaine Greer sets one foot it Australia, she will be torn apart for her greed motivated malicious comments. So say the great Australian public :lol:

Edited by Tobias

yes i believe Steve Irwin god rest his soul was a good man and dedicated to helping the world learn about the wild animals out there and and to make us realize that there are other things out there besides us and that we cant be just taking up all the habitat for our own populas to get bigger and even crueler to the outside world. that and he helped me open my eyes to the wild kindom in which we are all a part.

STEVE IRWIN WE ALL WILL MISS YOU REST IN PEACE MAN AND HAPPY CROC HUNTING IN YOUR DREAMS