UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Unrv?!?

Well the UNRV forums are back, and THAT is good news.

I suppose we have to accept that there are many selfish, and malignant people out there.

What's the alternative, make all computer crime subject to the death penalty? :lol:

Phil

Hello everyone,

Indeed an intrusion into the forum software occured, however not at the rest of the site, (forum is database driven, so the inruder only got hold of the forum but not of the actual server). There was no post (as far as i can see) lost.

While we try to make the site as safe as possible and do whatever it takes to keep the site secure (immediate updated from security patches, regular change of passwords, some restriction of things that are allowed on the forum), there is never a 100% guarantee.

So, while we are at it, please do change your password immediately, while chances are remote one never knows for sure, and it is good practice to change ones password on a regular basis (and do have a combination of numbers special characters and letters)

cheers

viggen

Hello everyone,

Indeed an intrusion into the forum software occured, however not at the rest of the site, (forum is database driven, so the inruder only got hold of the forum but not of the actual server). There was no post (as far as i can see) lost.

While we try to make the site as safe as possible and do whatever it takes to keep the site secure (immediate updated from security patches, regular change of passwords, some restriction of things that are allowed on the forum), there is never a 100% guarantee.

So, while we are at it, please do change your password immediately, while chances are remote one never knows for sure, and it is good practice to change ones password on a regular basis (and do have a combination of numbers special characters and letters)

cheers

viggen

Anyway to track the individual. We need to apply Roman justice.

Very good to see you all again.

Damn i hate these sort of people...there needs to be a sort of International Internet Police Force to keep the net free from this scum.

Ah well, at least our repository of knowledge is not lost...great to have it working again!

Damn i hate these sort of people...there needs to be a sort of International Internet Police Force to keep the net free from this scum.

There is to an extent. As you know IP addresses are unique and are traceable to the perpetrators ISP. Contacting this ISP obliges them to investigate and therefore produce a name. What happened was a crime, a felony to be exact and given the oportunity UNRV should seek castigatio maximus . Of course there are ways around the above method if the hacker had half a brain but we won't go into that.