UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Any whisky/whiskey experts here?

Virgil61

I am too young to enjoy whiskey; my taste buds are still intact. Maybe if I were to drink enough whiskey, it would destroy enough of my taste buds for me to enjoy its unique taste.

In it is my view that anybody who pretends to enjoy drinking whiskey at my age is too pretentious for their own good.

Shhh! What are you trying to do? Destroy the booze industry? Anyone who tells you that he prefers booze to an ice cream soda is a bald faced dissimulator. That's why you have Rum n Coke and Singapore Slings. Produces more deadly arguments than conviviality. It's the manly thing! Empties the pockets of the polloi and fills those of the plutocrats.

In my case it is strictly medicinal. The only mixed drink I am allowed is a Dirty Vodka Martini on the Rocks - for clearing the brain register and sustenance. Otherwise it is straight whiskey to thin the blood, ward off evil and keep pretzels company.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only mixed drink I am allowed is a Dirty Vodka Martini on the Rocks - for clearing the brain register and sustenance. Otherwise it is straight whiskey to thin the blood, ward off evil and keep pretzels company.

Clearing the brain: Scorsby (the usual scotch-type product here) or Makers' (the preferred)

General health: :ph34r:

Dun't thee thar me, simmer darn, se' thee. Tinternet or no!.

:ph34r:

?Que? :lol:

:no2:

Its Yorkshire dialect.

"Tintintin" = "It isn't in the tin"